(Closed) Hair & Makeup…Who goes first?

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2634 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve been thinking about this too as the wedding is SO close, but I think it’s probably better to get hair done first, that way your makeup won’t get smudged during the styling.

I could be way off base though.

Post # 4
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

Are they coming to you? I would get my hair set by the hairstylist first (i.e. get the whole head prepped, curled, and pinned) and then get my makeup done. After makeup is finished I would have the stylist finish up my hair.

If you have to choose one or the other first I would have my hair and then makeup, but I honestly think its just a matter of preference.

Post # 5
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Everyone has been telling me hair first – then makeup.  You don’t want your makeup ruined by hairspray, etc…

Post # 6
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ve decided to have my hair done first, then my makeup.  My hair takes 1 1/2 hours to do (based on the trial).  My makeup trial was about 30-45 minutes.  Since he has to do 3 others’ hair, I’m having him come at 9am to start on me and the makeup artist arriving between 10-10:30.  We’re leaving for photos at 12:50pm and the ceremony is at 4.  And seeing that you being the bride will take the longest, you should go first.

Post # 7
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hair, then makeup. And the bride goes last.

Post # 8
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

For the wedding, I had my hair done first, makeup second, but at my trial, we did my makeup first and then my hair. Either way, it looked great and didn’t make a difference. I just wanted to do makeup last for the wedding so that it would look as fresh as possible.

Post # 9
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Good question @babyboo – I just assumed they were coming to you.  But perhaps they aren’t.

Post # 11
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Makeup first and then hair. I had the hairdresser and makeup artist come to my house and the hairdresser started first and then the girls got their makeup done while the hairdresser was working on the next girl.

Post # 12
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hair first, make up second. You dont want to have to worry about them ruining your make up while doing your hair!

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup…Who goes first?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors