(Closed) Halifax Summer 2014 Wedding.. having dificulty finding a venue

posted 5 years ago in Canada – East Coast
Post # 3
2297 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

try looking at restaurants – my cousin is getting married at a church and then having the reception at saege on spring garden – the food is amazing and they’re renting the restaurant for the evening. 

Post # 4
2297 posts
Buzzing bee

also – if you do end up doing a hotel, there are some gorgeous rooms that overlook the harbour at the delta halifax. i used to work there and the rooms look amazing done up for a wedding. 

are you looking right in halifax? open to bedord or dartmouth? and are you wanting the ceremony and reception in the same place? 

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

im getting married at the maritime museum of the atlantic and then our cocktail reception is at the marriott harbourfront. i hear ya on the carpets. every single space we looked at had nasty carpet, including the harbourfront, but wehad to compromise on something LOL

i have heard juno hall is also really cool but you need a sponsor who is in the military i believe.

best of luck to you!!!!!

Post # 7
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I went and looked at Saraguay – it was really lovely, but unfortunately, renting out the main area (upstairs) was a little more money than we were looking to spend. We ended up booking The Halifax Club downtown for the ceremony and reception. Good luck!

Post # 8
2297 posts
Buzzing bee

@tallierand:  oh the halifax club is gorgeous! i’ve been to a wedding there – so beautiful 🙂

Post # 9
14 posts
Newbee

I am getting married at The Barn in hubbards, beautiful converted barn about 30 minutes outside of the city, still close enough for vendors to get too but great price and a ton of character 🙂

The topic ‘Halifax Summer 2014 Wedding.. having dificulty finding a venue’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors