(Closed) Ceremony & Reception At Same Location?

posted 8 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We will be doing this, but have it set up so that the ceremony is in the hall and it is set up like a ceremony. Then the guests will be going upstairs and having the cocktail hour in one of the restaurant’s room. The restaurant will do the switch over for the ceremony in that time.

Will you be having a cocktail hour?

Post # 5
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@roxy_angell13: A cocktail hour would be a great way to break it up.  You could go take a limo ride or whatever.  Then show up and make your big appearance. 

Ours is at the same place but we are getting married on a lake so we are taking a pontoon ride during our cocktail hour. 

Post # 6
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We’re doing the same thing! A cocktail hour sounds great. I think I am really going to appreciate the few moments alone with hubby in between too! 🙂 So exciting!

Post # 7
3977 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Will there be any setup changes between the ceremony and reception?

Do you have someone Emceeing who can make the transition? Can the minister say something so people know where they’re supposed to go?

Are you taking any pictures in between? People always understand that as long as it’s kept short.

Maybe the emcee can settle everyone in, start the music, and allow people to go get drinks. Maybe you can find some activity that you think your guests would enjoy. Are you doing a “newlywed game” maybe they can come up with a few of the questions while you’re out of the room. Maybe he can do a longest married/shortest time married prize thing. Anyway, just a few ideas.

I think people will understand the transition and it won’t be awkward if you have a good emcee to let people know what’s going on.

Post # 8
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - The Royal Park Hotel

We’re having our ceremony and reception in the same room, and while I’m not a fan of a receiving line (especially if you want that time to be alone with your hubby), it was a good suggestion made to encourage people to leave the room while they “flip” it for the reception.

Will your tables be set up already in the room during your ceremony? If not, your venue *might* require more than 10-15 minutes to change the room over?

Post # 10
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

we are having our vow renewal/reception at the same place as well (the same place where we got married.  During our first kiss one of our favorite songs is coming on “Praise You” from fatboy slim and the emcee will then invite the guests to come up and dance with us…

then its on like donkey kong! 🙂  its in a park and hte park will close about 5 or 6 then we are going to board a party bus and pick everyone up after they drop off their cars and hit the dive bars in town:)

I’m so excited I cannot wait:)

Post # 12
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We are having our ceremony and reception in the same gardens, but we are having them in seperate areas of the gardens.

Post # 13
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We did our ceremony after the cocktail hour, before dinner, on the dance floor at our venue. We just went right from the ceremony to our sweetheart table, and then our dads gave short thank you speeches before we moved into dinner. We didn’t have any bridal party, and didn’t want to do a big entrance, so this worked perfectly for us.

The topic ‘Ceremony & Reception At Same Location?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors