- 10 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
I am so excited to have met a couple other 10/30/10 brides on here, and was wondering if there were any more out there. What are you doing to bring Halloween into your wedding.
Here are some of my details.
1. Our colors are black and orange. I will have orange roses, and my bridesmaids are wearing black Victoria Secret convertible dresses. The groomsmen are wearing black with black vests and orange ties.
2. The outdoor ceremony site will have halloween pinwheels and orange and black ribbon wands decorating the aisles.
3. We will have Halloween instrumentals playing during our “cocktail hour” including the music from the films of tim burton and phantom of the opera and harry potter.
4. Our escort cards will be attached to spider rings.
5. Our tables each have a lit-up crystal skull on a mirror (to create a really cool effect) surrounded by orange rose petals and glass spiders on top of black linens.
6. Our ceremony is in an 1800s barn
7. Our bridal party will enter to Thriller. We will enter to Addams Family Theme Song (merged with the MC Hammer version)
8. The bridesmaids and I will have masks to wear (not hold) during the reception, and our make-up will become much darker.
9. Our iPod wedding will include classic halloween hits as well as some creepier songs and normal dancing music.
10. Our only dress code is *costumes encouraged at reception.
11. My cake is with three-tier rounds with black fondant ribbon at the bottom of each layer and polka dots. (polka dots are also on our invitations, the pinwheels, and several other details) Topped with a zombie groom and vampire bride.
12. The groom’s cake is a gravestone, with R.I.P.
13. We will have a trick-or-treat candy bar, including 7 ceramic jack-o-lanterns, filled with halloween candy. And we are hoping to have a chocolate fountain with red (white chocolate)
Here are our actual details so far:
what are you doing? What are you wearing. Let’s be friends– ha!