• poll: Which style do you prefer?

Halo with pave/prong/channel set band

Halo with plain shank band

Neither - I prefer a solitaire or 3-stone ring

• Post # 31
    69 posts
    Worker bee

I know I’m late to this party haha but thought I’d share my ring ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Halos seem to get knock about on this site, but loveee them especially with the plain band!

Post # 32
    28 posts
    Newbee

Love my plain shank halo;)

Post # 33
    12 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Princess center…cushion halo! Love the plain shank halo look. 

Post # 34
    46 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2014

๏ฟผhere is mine…..love it!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Giantbear.
    Post # 35
    51 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    moissyloveeee:  hi I love your ring. Do you have more photos I could see? It’s gorgeous! 

Post # 36
    67 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

Here’s my oval halo w/ plain shank. I love love love it!

Post # 37
    705 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Post # 38
    56 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
    SwedishBee:  your ring is beautiful! I’m not usually a fan of yellow gold (mostly because I dont wear it) but it is stunning on you and suits your stone and setting perfectly! Love it, very timeless. 

Post # 39
    38 posts
    Newbee

Here is my Princess Cut Halo Ring ๐Ÿ™‚ I love halo rings and all these rings are beautiful!!!

Post # 41
    10570 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
    shannon.leslie:  your ring turned out so beautiful, I love looking at it! I also really like how flat the shank it. Do you have an idea on what type of wedding band you want?

Post # 42
    56 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
    MrsSparkleBee13:  Sorry! I only just saw this ๐Ÿ™‚ Thaankyou <3 I think it only looks flat in the photos lol I’ve been practising at getting better photos ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol its alot more round and higher up then it looks. I have no idea on wedding bands yet! I love your style! I love lots of styles haha I originally wanted a 5 stone lab created diamond band to go against the plain shank but then I thought I might wont sapphires in the band but I want it to have a modern-vintage feel haha ah I dont know!

I need to try some bands on because I originally wanted a cushion or square shaped ering until I tried it on and hated it on my hand! (I still drool over cushions online, but they look terrible on me) so who knows what I will end up with, I think I will get dk to design the bands as well though!

Post # 43
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

*drools a little* I LOVE halos with plain shanks! Really wanted that but I’ve had my ring since I was 18 (Gift from my step-dad, who is a jeweler, and wanted to make sure I got a quality e-ring ๐Ÿ™‚ )Mine is pave on the shanks, but once we get real jobs and save up we are getting it reset with plain shanks and maybe using the pave stones for a double halo!

Post # 44
    705 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    shannon.leslie:  Thanks! Love yours too!

Mine is actually NOT in yellow gold though ๐Ÿ™‚ In Sweden we have a higher proportion of copper and lower proportion of silver in our gold, and is called “red gold”. My ring is 18K and its 75% pure gold, 16-17% copper and 8-9% silver. Yellow gold is not very common in Sweden. I saw it for the first time last year. And to be honest, I don’t like it very much either… Probably because I’m used to gold looking like the red gold. 

Post # 45
    705 posts
    Busy bee

MrsSparkleBee13:

Saw you commented on a flat shank and thought a would share mine! It’s super flat ๐Ÿ™‚

My e-ring is custom made and I requested a very low setting. My shank is only 1.4 mm high and 2.5 mm wide. It might not look super exciting from side view but I compromised between looks and practical use. Since the e-ring is a little special I had to have the wedding band custom made as well. 1.4 mm high and 3 mm wide to fit 0.03 ct diamonds. 

The topic ‘Halo rings with PLAIN shanks!!! Post 'em here’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors