(Closed) Hamstring Injury – need advice

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
2154 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’d see a physio. In the meantime, ice it several times a day for 15 minutes, especially right before bed, and eat lots of protein. 

Post # 4
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Im currently an Athletic Training (NOT personal trainer!) student and I work at a Physical Therapy Clinic. 

There are a few options here. 

You could have strained a muscle, you could be having sciatic nerve symptoms, or it could be related to a back injury. If it radiates down your leg from your hip, butt, or back make sure to see a doctor right away. If it is only in one spot it is probably a muscle isssue. 

Ice it for 10-15min as needed every few hours. DO NOT use heat, it will increase inflammation. Ibuprophen (motrin, advil) may help the pain. Wrapping it probably wont help because of the area. 

If the pain doesnt subside in a few days see a doctor to get an ortho consult or see a physical therapist. They will both be able to help you. 

Post # 5
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

SIL is a physical therapy student also and I am constantly asking her questions like this and her answer is always ice for injury, heat for relaxation/tension, but she said ice is always a good choice if you don’t know what’s wrong.

She’s also recommended wrapping and just resting/taking a break from whatever activity you are doing!

The topic ‘Hamstring Injury – need advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors