(Closed) Happy 2013, hive! Did you make a New Year's resolution?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 17
4724 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I made a few.

– Get back into keeping a journal

– Turn our study into a functional space (it’s full of leftover wedding items and other random stuff)

– Find a new job

– Update my website (actually rebuild – it’s still my grad school site)

Post # 18
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I don’t like the term resolution, I like to this of them as goals. Wink

A friend and I want to read an hour a week now that we have found free Kindle books.

I also would like to find a new job and get back into exercise.

I might start running in 5ks more frequently.

Post # 19
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

My most sucessful NY resolution was the year I bought a children’s book every time I bought myself a book. Needless to say, I had lots of children’s books to donate at the end of the year.

This year, I’m going to fill out the surveys they give you at the end of your receipts. Helps the store, helps the clerk and I might win some money or prizes!

Post # 22
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father\'s Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

Mr. D and I make four goals every year! They are always specific too: mind, body, soul, and bank.

Body: Lose 50 pounds

Mind: Read 30 of the remaining 60 I have left on the BBC 100 great reads list.

Soul: Read a new bible verse everyday.

Bank: Mr. D and I set this together. We want to put $5,000 in our savings account this year.

Post # 23
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

workout!!! gotta get ready for my strapless dress & st.lucia honeymoon!

Post # 24
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Mine is to find a job, eat remotely healthier (even though I am still going to enjoy yummy food a lot) and get married!

Post # 25
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@angiemk47:  congratulations! you are going to look great and have fun

Post # 26
3172 posts
Sugar bee

I have 2. They are to be more healthy and to stay in school.

Post # 27
17 posts
Newbee

To drink more water!!

Post # 28
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My goals are to get into wedding day shape by practicing yoga more often and training for my half marathon in may as well as drinking more water and staying positive! πŸ™‚

Post # 29
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

this year I resolve to:

– send out more thank you notes

– climb half dome

– hike 400 miles

Post # 30
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

and dance naked more often!

Post # 31
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ve vowed to waste less time on the internet and keep in better touch with out of town friends.  I’ve been working on the first one by setting focus time goals and then starting my phone stopwatch.  When I reach the time I promised to focus for (usually its like, “I’m going to work for 2 hours on writing this proposal”) then I can take a 10 min break, read blogs, make a snack etc, but until then its FOCUS on that one thing.  Its working pretty well so far.  And as for the second goal, I’m AWFUL at calling people on the phone, but I’m making it my goal to call and have one 30min -1 hour conversation with an out of town friend once a week. πŸ™‚  I love new year’s resolutions!  Its such a great opportunity to better yourself! 

The topic ‘Happy 2013, hive! Did you make a New Year's resolution?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors