(Closed) Happy 2013, hive! Did you make a New Year's resolution?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 32
2253 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We’ve decided to cut negative people out of our lives. When the wedding came, we really saw who was there for us and who weren’t. Time to kick them to the curb! I have a separate goal of cutting down one of my student loans (my bar loan) in half by the end of the year! 

Post # 33
36 posts
Newbee

Exercise!!!! That is what I am going to do! Starting Jan 10th!

Post # 34
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

NYE resolutions

1. Loose weight……..I’ve been doing the south beach diet….hard but seems to be working as my fiance told me today I look skinny. Also been doing intervals on the treadmill.

2. Work on skincare. I am horrible sometimes about washing my face. So this year I will be working on that.

3. Try to be a little more easy going……eek! this one will be hard!!!

Post # 35
22 posts
Newbee

Exercise! That is what I am going to do!

Post # 36
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I didn’t make any goals like fitness, diet, etc. 

Just to take myself a little less seriously and not stress too much over the wedding plans. That’s all I want for myself and Fiance.

Post # 37
1023 posts
Bumble bee

To be better at taking my vitamins and making work snacks for my husband and I.

Post # 38
629 posts
Busy bee

Same resolution for the whole home – to lose weight. I’ve been trying to for a long time now, DH put on some pounds last year when he broke his foot, and wants to shed those, and we even found out our cat is a little overweight. Healthier household for 2013!

Post # 39
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Mine are mostly fitness related: 

I want to complete 3 half marathons this year. I did 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, so seems like 3 this year is in order.

I also want to be able to complete 50 push-ups in a row (the regular kind, not on my knees).

I’d also like to be able to do headstand into crow pose back into headstand. I can do each separately, but not in that sequence.

Oh and to juice at least 4 times a week.

Post # 40
9479 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

To stop being so stubborn about my health and going to the doctor’s about certain things. I’ve been in a great deal of pain lately, but I keep on going instead of resting. 

Post # 41
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I got engaged on 12/29/12 so my New Years resolution is to plan a kick ass wedding! Looking forward to all of the bees tips and advice to help me through it!

Post # 42
4720 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@Mrs. Doily:  I love the themes – great idea.

Post # 43
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Mine is to learn how to sew!!! I want to make lots of cute summer dresses!

Post # 44
377 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

No alcohol for a month. Seems like a glass or beer or wine with dinner slowly packs on the pounds. Whenever I cut out booze, I always lose weight and feel better!

Post # 45
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

To get all my wedding DIY jobs done before I go back to university in late February 

Post # 46
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My resolution/goal is weight loss for my June wedding. (But who am I kidding, my resolution is weight loss EVERY year.)

My plan is this:

– wear BodyMedia armband every day, track calories and achieve a caloric deficit of at least 750 calories per day (1.5 lb loss per week)

– do this every day for 90 days (Jan 1 – Mar 31) until dress alterations begin in the beginning of April

– be happy with whatever my body is after 90 days of HONEST HARD WORK (no cheating, excuses, rationalizing)

– maintain until the wedding on June 30th and beyond

My other goal is to pay off the wedding, ideally before the wedding day, but realistically by the end of the year.

Also, today was my first weigh-in and I lost 2.6 lbs in week one. 🙂

The topic ‘Happy 2013, hive! Did you make a New Year's resolution?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors