(Closed) Happy Holidays! What was your 2014 in a nutshell?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
1939 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018 - City, State

Congrats! You had a busy year! Can I see the puppy!? ๐Ÿ˜€ 

I went on some amazing vacations. I bought my first brand new car (While in college and only working part time, I’m very proud of that!). Fiance proposed with my dream ring. And I just paid off my final semester of college to graduate in May. Yay 2014! 

Post # 3
1678 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

let’s see….!

planned a wedding, got married, went on a beautiful honeymoon, downsized from 2600 square feet to 800 square feet, changed jobs…lord…all kinds of crazy!

Post # 4
2596 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Happy Holidays to you bees! In a nutshell… this was my year:

Here’s to hoping 2015 is a little less eventful ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
1133 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Sounds like a good year for you!<br /><br />I hope 2015 brings me better luck and happiness than 2014 did. Started off great, and hit a low point around April then went downhill from there with death, job loss, and now my grandma is sick and my family cancelled Christmas all together, so I’m spending it alone this year and working.  Someone psas the alcohol!

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Got my dream job and got engaged. Right now I’m sitting at home recuperating, I just hahad knee surgery Monday =/

Post # 7
576 posts
Busy bee

Went to Disneyland, got engaged, started TWO new jobs, got married and finished school!!!

Post # 8
3065 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  Wow! Busy year! hahah

This year has been wonderful. I moved in with my best friend and it has been seemless, i cant believe we ever lived apart! lol. I am so happy in my little place, in a beautiful neighborhood and being able to come home to SO cooking dinner and my pup running around the yard.

The rest of my year consisted of Vegas trips (6 times this year? which included an amazing Thanksgiving weekend) and Disneyland days (annual pass holders). oooh i also saw Smokey Robinson twice <3 <3 

GREAT YEAR 2014!

Post # 9
1978 posts
Buzzing bee

It’s been a wonderful year for a lot of us! For me, my fiance and I bought our first home, moved to a new city, adoped a puppy, I got a great new job, and we got engaged! Whew!

Post # 10
2393 posts
Buzzing bee

Peaceoutboyscout: +1, Lol!  I can relate!

View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  2014 was a bit of a rollercoaster for us, both in good ways and bad. 

With DH’s blessing, I quit a very toxic and stressful job and switched to a MUCH more pleasant job. I took a huge pay cut to do this but it was worth it!

DH’s mother fell and broke her hip, and we took care of her for a few months at home, which was stressful. She later passed away and we have been dealing with that.

DH and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary, and five years together as a couple, on a super romantic weekend getaway at a luxury hotel, which was great fun!

Oh and I gained 10 lbs.! Yikes… I’m enjoying the holidays but I’m going to get on that starting in January!

Post # 11
4160 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It started off pretty rough – Nightmare tenants in our home, causing a huge leak in the kitchen sink and not telling us.  We had to replace the entire basement ceiling and sold the house.  Got laid off from my job of 6.5 years with no warning.

However as the year went on, we moved into our dream neighbourhood, I started classes for a new career which I’m very excited about, DH and I celebrated our 8th anniversary as a couple, as well as our 3rd wedding anniversary on the same day, we went to Iceland (a dream come true!) and we just found out some exciting news ๐Ÿ˜‰

Needless to say, I can’t wait for 2015!

Post # 12
449 posts
Helper bee

I adopted a dog, and he became my everything, haha! To wear him out, I started running with him and lost 15 pounds! I took him hiking everywhere, and made some awesome friends at the dog park……. Yes, that is essentially my entire year.

Post # 13
1289 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  2014 started off pretty shitty. On jan 2 I had to put my cat down. We actually noticed a year ago today that he wasn’t right. But it got better with an engagement in sept!!FI and I took our first real vacation in the summer which was a blast. I’m ready for 2015 to get here already so I can say only 3 months until my wedding!!

Post # 14
2088 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
Ryansgirl:  Pretty exciting news, huh??  Can’t wait to hear it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 15
2088 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  2014 wasn’t the best year for us (infertility and pregnancy loss) so  I’m looking forward to wrap this one up.  Hoping 2015 will bring better news. 

The topic ‘Happy Holidays! What was your 2014 in a nutshell?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors