Post # 1
i feel like i’m pretty up to speed, but here’s my list of what’s still left to do…how are you other bees coming along at the 5-month mark?
1. flower girl/ringbearer attire
2. rent limo
3. book honeymoon
4. grooms wedding band
5. buy alcohol
6. meet with officiant and musicians
7. order stuff online (like the favor boxes, program fan craft sticks, etc)
8. do my crafting (i’ve got quite a list here)…
those are the biggies i can think of- it actually sounds worse than i thought!! uh oh:)
Post # 3
Got to discuss a few things with the daughter….
we have some things to finalize for sure.
Decisions upon FLOWERS is the biggest.
Little details are the rest…. and it is the details that make the day “YOU”
Post # 4
My date is May 15.. and I still have quite a bit to do.
1) save the dates? is it too late for them??
2) decide on food from caterer
3) sign contract with cake
4) find pies I love and put down deposit for pie buffet
5) get fitted for my dress
6) decide on music
7) sign contract and deposit with flower lady
8) book honeymoon
9) find both of our wedding bands
10) buy alcohol
11) decide on rental equipment
12) decide on officiant
13) find invitations and programs
14) gifts for wedding party
15) boudoir photos for Fiance wedding present 🙂
wow, I’ve got a lot to do!!
Post # 5
Im doing pretty well for only getting engaged 11-28-09!
i need to:
1. have bridesmaids order shoes
2. pick out a dress for the flowergirls
3. order/design wedding bands
4. buy alcohol, have a tasting of food for reception
6. finalize ceremony order
7. schedule a meeting of the groomsmen to see if their black suits will work or not
8. order a cake
9. choose a DJ
10. finalize a photographer (ie: have it verbally, but need to sign contract)
those last three, should really be done asap, i guess! eeck!
Post # 6
I’m May 8th!
I still have:
1. Purchase invitations
2. Food tasting
3. Dress fitting
4. Pay balance on rings and honeymoon
5. Groomsmen gifts (girls already done)
6. Rent limo
7. Purchase favors, card box, guest book, and baskets for out of town guests
8. Music list
I’m sure I’ve forgotten stuff. I guess I need to get going on the list!
Post # 7
This is what I can think of right now:
1. Decide on appetizers
2. Meet with officiant
3. Plan out ceremony (we have an outline but need to work on specifics)
4. Gifts for wedding party (know what we want but need to find them
5. Pick out a dress for the flowergirls (are going to do a dress shopping day when spring dresses come out in March)
6. Have invitations printed (already designed)
7. Jewelry for me
8. Dress fitting (dress should be in next week)
9. Book hair and makeup trial
10. A few DIY projects: decorate gift box, create guestbook, make hair flower for flowergirls
11. Find rehearsal dinner dress
12. Need a wrap in case the weather is cool (ceremony on beach in May)
I feel pretty good about what we’ve gotten done. We did a ton the week after Christmas!
Post # 8
Oh my goodness! I’m may 30, and i have like nothing done, it’s so discouraging. I’m like just all ideas.
We were talking yesterday about having the wedding in my parent’s backyard, we’re going small, casual – do it ourselves wedding. We have a lake in the backyard, so having the ceremony on the lake would be gorgeous.
But I don’t even have a dress. I haven’t found anything I love in my price range (but of course I fell in love with a st. pucchi dress, at 8k!!)..
We’re going to make our own wedding invitations, and my brother said he’ll pay for our flowers because his wife’s mom works at a flower market.
I have to go and make reservations on rentals because our wedding is memorial weekend – we need to rent chairs, tables and a tent.
I have my bridal party, I have my order of ceremony – but really I don’t have much…aghhh. and reading how much you all have done is overwhelming!
Oh. and I have a photographer (my sis in law is a professional photographer!!), and my grandma is making our cake.
Post # 9
i added a few things to my list after reading everyone elses comments:
rehearsal dinner and shower outfits!
ceremony order? is there a good place to look online for a cheat sheet? clueless on this…
book hair trial
good call ladies- i mean seriously if i listed out every single thing it would make me crazy, but some things i could totally forget to do- yikes!
Post # 10
I’m May 29th and I have left:
1. Work on all of my crafts/finish making the invitations
2. Find undergarments (I kind of forgot about that I would need them, oops!)
3. Work out the favors
4. Decide/order gifts for bridal party
5. Learn to dance
6. Work out a playlist for the ceremony
7. Start writing down ideas for vows
8. Shower/rehearsal dress
9. Start thinking about hair ideas
Post # 11
WAY. TOO. MUCH.
Seriously, almost everything on your lists I was like “oh crap I forgot about that!”. So thanks for freaking me out even more, Bees lol
Post # 12
I am so behind girls!!
My day is May 30.
I have to secure a location – waiting on my sister to see if we can use her church.
Call my grandma about cake…
Actually on second thought – let’s list what I DO have done:
My dress, bridesmaids gifts, order of ceremony, officiant, bridal party, photographer
and I think that’s it! Oh boy!!
Post # 13
May 15th! and feeling pretty good 🙂
Left to do:
– Cake tasting (this week!) and then dinner tasting
– Music list
– Ceremony schedule (this Sunday!)
– Find lingerie
– Find a seamstress for my dress
– Have invitations printed
– Ask a flower girl/ring bearer
– Finalize a color theme >.< for the flowers mostly
– learn to dance/scuba dive
– Book hair/makeup trials
– Find rings
– Rent tuxes
– Find the little things (DIY guestbook? programs?)