(Closed) Harpist &/ string quartet for Toronto wedding. Help!

posted 7 years ago in Music
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee

@gelaiy:  Hi. Not sure if your wedding took place yet, or if you’ve booked anything. I am also from Toronto and currently in the same boat as you.

I’ve been quoted at $750 from Grenville Pinto who is a solo violinist for JUST the ceremony. I have also been quoted from another solo violinist for $500.  It seems to be quite expensive especially for a solo, but I really like the guy for $500…

I am also unsure if a solo violinist would sound good enough… or if I should go with a string quartet…

:s

Post # 4
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I used to play harp for weddings in high school, and actually my harp teacher’s daughter played for our wedding. Harp can definitely stand on its own for a wedding, especially a full concert grand pedal harp, which I’m sure your potential harpist has based on the fact that it’s gold. Think piano or organ in terms of richness of the sound- in fact, many piano pieces can be played on the harp and sound great. as for the price, it’s a bit steeper than what I just paid for my wedding, but we’re in a rural area, plus it was a lever harp and I know pedal harpists often charge more. I do think looking for conservatory students is a really good idea though- playing a wedding is way easier than the stuff they’re working on at conservatory, Iimagine it wouldn’t be hard to find a very competent harpist there. Good luck!

The topic ‘Harpist &/ string quartet for Toronto wedding. Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors