(Closed) Has 2013 been a good or bad year for you?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Has 2013 been a good or bad year for you?
    Good : (128 votes)
    64 %
    Bad : (28 votes)
    14 %
    So-so : (43 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 32
    1784 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Pretty good! Bought a house, and am much closer to paying our fiance’s debt and getting married. 2014 will bring my wedding and moving into our new home and hopefully much more happiness. 🙂

Post # 33
    2525 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I got married – so a very good year!!

Post # 34
    8038 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

I’d say it was good overall. Got engaged and married. Doing well at work still (although I have had some super stressful times on new projects but I’ve also learned a lot)… made a few decisions that will hopefully impact our lives for the better and have started saving/planning for these things. Went on a couple of nice trips.

Some shitty things happened like my aunt died… my mom’s best friend died… my mom lost her job… my mom’s other friend went on dialysis… so that sucks. Definitely not the best year for my mom!!

Post # 35
    177 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

Good and bad things have happened this year, but more good than bad and this was not my worst year by any means. I’d say it’s been a good year. I’m hoping 2014 will be even better as I’m hoping to get engaged then!

Post # 36
    2571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

The awesome: Got engaged, got married, and finished my Masters!

The bad: Got kicked out of DH’s apartment that he had for 8 years for really cheap rent b/c the owner’s kid was moving in. Moved to a really gorgeous-on-the-surface apartment that keeps having issue after issue after issue.

I also turned 30, which I have mixed feelings about. Yes, I should feel blessed to be getting older as not everyone gets that luxury, but I feel very behind on a few things and realize that I must be responsible going forward as “I’m just in my 20s… having fun!” is no longer a valid excuse. In other words, the pressure’s on.

Post # 37
    2216 posts
    Buzzing bee

@AussieSummer:  Brother had a motor vehicle accident and two people in my immediate family had heart surgeries. But they’re all still alive and two are doing very well (one person just had heart surgery and the recovery is going ok), so I definitely have a lot to be thankful for.

I don’t consider it a particularly good or bad year because I’m just so thankful and hoping my family member who was operated on recently recovers as quickly as possible.

Post # 38
    782 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

As the year end is approaching I find myself asking this question too.. 2013 has definately been a life changing year for me.. Back in April my mom passed away suddenly after 3 years of being ill (she was on the road to recovery after a transplant). However, it has been good because my fiance proposed to me after 5 years… I guess mine has just been a rollar coaster ride..

Post # 39
    2554 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@fingerscrossed:  Thanks!!! Deployments are hard, as I see you know. This was my first and only three months. I can’t imagine it even longer!

Post # 40
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

I’ve had a great year! I got a job, then I got a significant raise.  Then I got permanent residency in Australia (originally from South Africa).  Then I started my relationship/courting my fiance, then we got engaged!  It has been a very blessed year.  God is good. 🙂

Post # 41
    9681 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@AussieSummer: Overall, I wouldn’t say it was very good. Two people in my family got cancer, I was working a very stressful contract job for the majority of the year, my puppy has to have surgery, and there have been lots of other smaller stressors that have added up.

Of course, there is always good…I finally got a new job, which I love; my husband is amazing; I am healthy; and I am still alive! Hey, you have to take all the good that you can out of each day. I’m hoping 2014 improves in an overall sense.

Post # 42
    1669 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

Mostly great. I started my new job at the beginning of the year and we got engaged. Fiance started a new job that pays much more. I was given a raise six months into my job. We planned our first vacation in five years for January. My best friend got married. We started planning our own wedding for next year. 

Post # 43
    2109 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

2013 has been a blessing. I got engaged at the beginning of January, started realizing I was unhappy and wasn’t being treated well in April. At the end of August I broke up with my ex-FI and shortly after met and started dating a man who treats me better than I ever even dreamed of being treated and makes me happier than I thought possible. Even if things with this new guy don’t work out (though I hope they do), he’s shown me how I deserve to be treated and that has just made me feel so glad and blessed that I didn’t settle and go through with marrying my ex! I’m definitely looking forward to what 2014 has in store for me!

Post # 44
    3208 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

The past two years have probably been the worst of my life thus far. I have been so stressed that I have seriously prematurely aged (and not very gracefully, oh gosh). 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s not there yet. I hope 2014 brings me a bit of fun in my life, some success, and at least 6 hours of sleep per night.

I’m really banking on those 6 hours of sleep the most, to be honest.

Post # 45
    1542 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

So much has changed in 2013 – Darling Husband lost his job and found a new job, we got married!, went to Jamaica for the honeymoon (first time out of the country too), Got a handle of our finances and finally agreed and got a plan to pay everything off, Darling Husband sold his Truck and got a second job doing what he loves, and we got a new puppy!

We definitely had some bad moments mixed in there but overall it was a good year.

In 2014 we plan to start trying for a baby and hopefully get a BFP so we are expecting another year full of big changes.

Post # 46
    2362 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

My 2013 was incredibly awesome… and insanely busy!

-I joined the quarter-century club

-Both Darling Husband and I started new jobs in March/April respectively, and we LOVE what we are doing.

-We got our dachsund Jax in March

-my good friend got married in April and announced she was pregnant 3 days later!!! She just had her sweet little boy.

-I got to be in another really good friend’s wedding too.

-My BFF got engaged!

-We bought a house in July and also became landlords because its a triplex.

-We bought two vehicles as well, one all but brand new and one used but I love her.

-The big one, we got MARRIED!!!!

-And then we also just got a new pup a month ago.

We have had some bad news this year too.. my darling Nana passed away in April, but she was 99 years old and was surrounded by her loved ones when she passed. She was actually holding the hand of her husband of 80 years, he turned 100 this August. I mean its sad to lose her but honestly I think that’s one of the best ways to go when its your time.

And both Darling Husband and I have an Aunt rediagnosed with breast cancer.  Both are working through it and they beat it once, so we’re staying positve <3

The topic ‘Has 2013 been a good or bad year for you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors