(Closed) Has anyone added a sash to allure 8800? Any pictures?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
8 posts
Newbee

@Excitedtogetmarried13:  

My daughter is going to buy this gown too, and she plans to wear a sash with it. Sorry we don’t have pictures of it with the sash, but whee she tried it on the shop had a fairly wide pink satin sash that looked stunning, and accentuated the waist.

Post # 5
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I too plan on wearing the 8800 with a sash… and unfortunately i don’t have any pics either! I ordered the ivory/cafe/silver style and i am matching my sash to the cafe slip. I tried on a few different sashes and found that a wide sash was the most flattering. My sash is simple with no embellishments because there is already so much going on with the detail in the dress.

I plan on going back to the shop either this week or next to take a few pictures so I will try to post them on here for you.

Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee

I took some pictures with a sash! This isn’t the actual sash that I will be wearing athough it is similar…. the one that the bridal shop is ordering for me is the same width as this but shorter in length and “oyster” colored (which very closely matches the “cafe” colored slip on the dress.)

In this photo I am wearing a champage colored sash. Personally I prefer a sash with the dress because I feel that it helps gives definition to my waist, although it is also very pretty without it.

Hope this helps!

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

anyone looking to sell their Allure 8800 dress in ivory/cafe? Im needing a size 14. Thanks ladies!!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I am looking for a size 10 if anyone is willing to sell their Allure. 

Thanks! 🙂 

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@hawaiibride2b: 

there are also some on Ebay. happy shopping. I found a used one and I’m in love with it!!!

Post # 12
4 posts
Wannabee

here are a few photos of me wearing it with a sash… i had the sash made using some of the leftover material from the bottom of the cafe colored slip after it was hemmed. The width of the sash was 3.75″ but because it’s a thin material it scrunched up after i moved around in it. If I could do it over I would have gone with a thicker, firmer sash like the one above. I was still very happy with it though and thought that it added a lot to the dress. Plus, the slip tends to ride up and crease in the stomach area (I’ve heard other brides say this as well) so I liked that the sash hid this.

Post # 13
5 posts
Newbee

@mfultz18:  I’m going to be selling my Allure 8800 after my March 8, 2014 wedding. It’s a street size 14 (bridal size 16 or 18). If that would give you enough time, let me know.

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

I’m adding the Badgley Mischka Say I Do belt (renting from Rent the Runway) to my Allure 8800. 

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Chiang Mai, Thailand

I hope someone’s still interested in this old topic! I just purchased the 8800 (so in love with this dress) and I am debating the same issue – to sash or not to sash, this is my question! This dress is very sparkly and lacey and flowery and etc….all on its own and it doesn’t need anything else but I also like the tight waist the sash creates and wanted to incorporate some red as a nod to my Chinese background as well. I’m interested in some feedback. Is it too much or out of place? I’m open to ideas. 

The topic ‘Has anyone added a sash to allure 8800? Any pictures?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors