- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2016
I feel like my Fiance is turning into a bridezilla!
Our wedding is summer 2016 in our current city, but we are moving back to my hometown (a state away) sometime between June and October this year depending on things like work and school.
I have previous work experience in wedding planning, so I’m not phased by the thought of planning the wedding from afar and coming back for the weekend of the wedding. It’s about 13 hours drive, and it’s a nice scenic drive too.
MY Fiance keeps asking to move the wedding up to this July or August, but I don’t want to for several reasons:
1. We have two other weddings to attend in August.
2. We don’t have the time or money to plan it that quickly.
3. We will be moving around that time and it will cause a lot of added stress.
4. My dress might not be ready by then.
5. Already booked a “day of” planner and the venue.
6. I’ve told all our friends and family it is next summer so they have time to plan.
Fiance seems to think it will be difficult to plan from afar, and a pain to come back for the wedding.
My only concerns are:
1. Signing contracts, viewing vendors work. But we don’t have the money to book everything just yet.
2. Having too many presents to fit in our SUV for the drive back.
Has anyone been in a similar position and had their wedding go off without a hitch? Any tips or things you had not thought of ? My Fiance is stressing out about it and I want to be able to lay it out for him so he can take his mind off it 🙂