(Closed) Has anyone tried on Allure 8770?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I really can’t help, but just wanted to say that dress is beautiful!  I LOVE lace!

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

That is a beautiful gown.

The only way to know if it will look good on you is to try it on. If you can’t find that exact dress where you are, find some with a similar silluette. Take this picture in with you when you go to try on gowns, so the consultants will know what look you are trying to go for. I took a whole binder in with me when I went to try gowns on, so they knew what I liked, and it really helped to narrow down the choices. None of the gowns that I showed them were my gown, but it did help to be able to give them something to go on, so they didn’t bring me stuff that I knew I would hate before I even got it on.

Post # 6
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I tired on a similar allure gown and the only downside for me was that the train was quite heavy, but I felt really luxurious in the all over lace.  And their prices are very good for all over lace dresses

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I also love Allure 8770 and am having the same problem with finding retailers who carry it.  Please post pictures!  Thanks!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

That is my wedding dress. I’m in love and obsessed with it. This is me in a size 12. I order a size 10.

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee

Gorgeous!  Is there any beading on the dress itself other than under the bust?  Is yours ivory?  The dress doesnt’ appear to flare out as much at the bottom as it does in the model picture.  Did you get to try it on first before ordering?  Thank you so much for posting!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

This is the sample size that i tried on. So the dress isn’t fitted to me. the top straps were much to large. I tried this dress on in the shop i didn’t even research allure dresses on line. I just had an idea of what i wanted. The dress will flare out like the models when i get it fitted to me. This dress is in fact much to long for me in the sample size. I’m 5’4 so i’m a shorty.  I did order ivory and silver.  You have to as well under stand that in this picture the train is all sorts of twisted up.

Post # 12
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I loved that dress… but not on me. 🙁 It absolutely swallowed me (even though it technically fit) and didn’t flatter my petite figure, unfortunately. I love lace dresses, though! So classic & beautiful!

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I tried it on! I am an 8  (12 wedding dress size)… the dress was really pretty on the model.. but i felt it just didnt fit right on me… I dont remember specifics I just remember being very excited to try on and not thrilled once it was on! lol I have found that you really have to try any of the dresses on since they use such tall skinny models! sometimes dresses really surprise you both good and bad! haha good luck!!!

Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee

@futrmrsL: I totally agree with you on it looking GREAT on the model but not on me! I couldn’t explain why it didn’t fit right or look as nice as what I had imagined. But then I tried on Allure 8634 and I am obsessed with it! I haven’t made a final decision on dresses but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the one! I burst into tears when I put it on and didn’t want to take it off 🙂

Post # 16
43 posts
Newbee

This was actually the first dress I tried on.  Below is a pic one of my bridesmaids sneaked in.  I went specifically to the store to try this one and another dress on.  It is beautiful, but the straps were too thick for me since I am petite.  The sample dress is big on me but I’m not sure how much thinner it would if I did get it in my size.  The store I went to quoted the dress around $1100 but I believe HouseofBrides.com has it also for $850.   

[attachment=1614752,200945]

The topic ‘Has anyone tried on Allure 8770?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors