(Closed) Has anyone tried on Allure C209?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
25 posts
Newbee

Bump!  I’ve been wanting to see what the dress likes too.  The Allure couture pictures are pretty dark so it is a little difficult to tell what the dresses will look like in person.  I can’t find C209 in any stores around me either ;-(

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

The above photos are mine.  I FINALLY found this gown at a wedding expo in Honolulu Hawaii. I had been calling online vendors asking for information about the dress and there was absolutely NONE.  I would caution, the above pictured dress is Ivory, the dress in the Allure Couture Catalogue is BLUSH- which is an offwhite/pink color and causes the dress appear darker in the photo- giving the illusion of a dark ivory.  I was a little disappointed at that.  Regardless, I had my heart set on this dress and promptly made an appointment.  I LOVE the dress and know that once fitted it will be absolutely stunning for my Autumn Vintage Wedding. I paid $1160 for the dress and it will arrive in approximately 6 months! I also got the vendor to throw in the headpiece for free- I wanted the exact headpiece from the Allure Catalogue- BUT apparently Allure does NOT sell the headpieces in their photos.  I was pretty annoyed by that, but we are going to recreate it exactly for my dress.  If you have any questions, let me know. I am excited to have found the dress I’ve been drooling over for months without the ability to gather any information on whatsoever- until i happened to stumble across it at a Bridal Expo.  I hope this posts helps and clears up any questions you might have.  

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

wow u look gorgeous in that dress! congratulations! can i ask is the dress too heavy? also this is all bias cut organza right? 🙂

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee

Thank you so much for the compliment!  The dress isn’t any more heavy than any other dresses i tried on similar style.  I’m pretty petite 5’3, 120 lbs, and I didnt feel like id have alot of problems with it honestly.  And yes, its all organza.  🙂  

Post # 10
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@ sweetkb – we are date twins!! And C209 is going to be the first dress I look for on Saturday when I go dress shopping!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yup, this is my dress! It’s really light and airy, easy to move in. I hate fussy clothing and this dress is way easier to move in than most I’ve tried that have a fitted/nearly mermaid style, despite it having a very detailed/fussy look. It is hard to come by-the sample has been sold out in several wedding stores in Vancouver. Feel free to ask me questions about it, I LOVE it!!

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

@vancouverd: Thanks I have been looking for this everywhere

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

Post # 14
6 posts
Newbee

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

After six months of waiting…here is my final dress fitted for me.  My headpiece is one of a kind, handmade by the owner of the bridal salon inspired by the original photo of the allure couture dress.  My wedding is in one year, my hair should be at my shoulders in that time frame and my look for my fall vintage wedding will almost be complete!  woohoo!!  Hope this helps you guys in your C209 Allure Coutour endeavors!

Nikita

Post # 16
6 posts
Newbee

you look gorgeous on the dress. congrats!

The topic ‘Has anyone tried on Allure C209?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors