(Closed) Has anyone tried on Spring 2012 Watters or Wtoo??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Gbridey: Yes! I tried them on at a trunk show yesterday. Is the Camilla the organza ball gown? I think that’s my dress! 

Post # 4
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Do any brides have photos? I want to see! 🙂 

Post # 5
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have a Lasara in size 10 I’d be willing to sell….it’s still with the dress maker, so I don’t think I’ll have for a few months. I think I’m changing my mind on my dress!!!

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yes!

I ordered style “Alexandra” for my wedding.  Here are some photos!  I love Watters, but I only got to try on 2012 because I scored and found a trunk show in my state (CO.) The quality is amazing.  

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

I bought the WTOO “Kinsey”.
I loved it when I bought it, but I’ve recently been having some serious dress regret!

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

The new line is up on the watters website!!! I am in love with Norma…sigh.

Post # 10
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Anyone know what the price range is on these new gowns? I love Nina and Chrissie

Post # 11
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@nromano5:I love your dress, you look beautiful!

Post # 12
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m curious about the prices too – and also what % was offered at the trunk show. There’s one coming to my area in March and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to wait that long. 🙂

Post # 13
31 posts
Newbee

Ladies:

I received 15% off my gown at the trunk show I attended.  I’m sorry it took so long for me to reply.  Watters trunk shows are already a lot of fun (I’m going again in a coupleof weeks just so I can ‘visit’ my dress…haha!) but the discount you’ll receive considering the quality of these dresses is truly notable and something to take into consideration if you’re teetering bectween different brands.

BUT

Now I need your help!

I ordered ‘Alexandra’ (my photos in the dress are above) and one of the things that I’d like to do is wear a sash with the gown. I found a beautiful sash from J. Crew (the ribbon color matches the material swatch of my dress, so it’ll be perfect!) I’m wondering if any of you think it’d look weird with a sash because the waistband on the gown is so huge.  It’s the only thing that kinda bothers me about the dress.

I need your help! What do you think?!

Post # 14
1491 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I recently tried on Norma from the 2012 line, as well as a bunch of other Watters and Wtoo dresses from 2012 and 2011. My faves were Norma, Austin and Olivia (wtoo).   Austin is definitely the more popular gown, I’ve seen lots of bees buying it for their wedding day, but its also been out longer.   I can’t quite seem to get Norma out of my head though, I love the  angular layers and how floaty it is! But Austin is more demure, classic and graceful looking. Norma is more fun (did I mention I love those layers?). Olivia is fun too, but i though it was a bit too poofy and I wasn’t in love with the layering on that dress.  I didn’t like the oatmeal color, it matched my skintone too much, not sure if I would like it more in ivory… 

*sigh*  I need to try on more dresses!  Going to a Watters trunk show this month, so I should be able to try on more of their line & those two dresses again (same boutique that I tried on Norma). I definitely like the Watters line, they have great lines to their dresses that just look fantastic!  

nromano5 – Your dress looks stunning on you!!  I think a sash might give it a bit more zing, I think whether it would look good with that dress would depend on the sash’s width.  If it fit more towards the middle of the band already on the dress, it would probably help make your waist look even MORE tiny!  

Post # 15
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This is me in my WTOO Camilla. 

Post # 16
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Hi everyone!

I just ordered my Watters Norma gown! It was love at first sight and when I tried it on I was totally sold! We’re having an ocean themed wedding so it’s perfect- light and flowy with great movement. Its elegant but at the same time very comfortable. Absolutely lovely!

The reviews on Weddingbee have helped me so much, that I wanted to contribute in case others had the same concern as I did when considering this dress… I first saw it on the Watters website and loved the design/silhouette (http://watters.com/Product/WattersBrides/1073B). However, after seeing some of the “real bride” photos, I noticed the skirt fell kind of flat. When I went to try it on the consultant was great- she looked through the photos and made some suggestions on how to get that “model” look. Whoa what a difference a crinoline makes! I attached some pictures for reference- the first is without and the second is actually with two crinolines (I wanted it really poofy- which gave a nice hourglass shape!). Because the dress is so light, it was still comfortable even with the extra layers. I actually think you could see the cascading detail better with the skirt fanned out. It’s just stunning, I love it!

The dress came with a light satin sash, but I wanted navy/chiffon to match my bridesmaid dresses. The lighting in the boutique wasn’t so great, and we took these with a phone, so the colors are a little off. The sample was Ivory, size 12. I’m normally a size 8 and I ordered a 10 according to their chart. Also, they said it takes 6-9 months to come in, so keep that in mind if you’re interested in this dress.

Hope this helps! Congrats and best wishes fellow Brides!

The topic ‘Has anyone tried on Spring 2012 Watters or Wtoo??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors