Post # 32
I used Groupons for 3 wedding albums — 1 for us, and 1 for each of our sets of parents. I was very happy with the paper quality and print quality on the first two. A word of advice — go with photolustre paper or silk. Avoid matte finishes. They aren’t great for pictures. I got leather-bound books with a cutout photo on the front. The photo on the front is not behind an actual cutout – it is pasted to an inlay in the cover. I ordered the book for my husband and me last, and I completed it about a year after I did the others. The print quality was off – the photos looked too orange. I sent a note to customer service about it, and they sent me a new book for free and upgraded my paper from photolustre to silk at the same time (as they said silk presents colors better). I was very happy with their customer service. I am working on another book now, this one of a recent vacation.
Post # 33
My photobook america wedding book just arrived yesterday. we LOVE it!! We upgarded to the heavier silk paper, and its very rich and thick feeling and chose the largest book which I think is 15×11 inches. The color quality is amazing, we used a black background on most pages and the black is a true black. The front is a metallic grey fabric with a cutout in the middle. I was a little worried about the cover choice since they only show small swatches on the website, but its really really nice with the black and white photo we chose for the cover. I would highly recommend!
As a note, we also designed a MixBook so in comparison the Photobook America here is my opinion:
- 12×12 book, full size photo on cover, nice color and easy to wipe off dirt/dust from the cover paper
- Our mixbook had to be reprinted because the cover photo was slightly off. The customer service was great at fixing the problem and printing us a new book for free immediately.
- Ordered standard paper, I think it was matte. Nice soft sheen to the photos.
- Design we used: Story telling, phrases on pages, background textures, clipart, photo effects. Software more inutitive than PA, pretty easy to use and allows for a lot of editing and page customizations
- Came from Caifornia
- Overall slightly better quality.
- Software seems more accurate to page limits
- More expensive
- Upgarde the paper and it was well worth the money
- Design we used: more artisitic, most pages (15×11) had only 1 photo with a black background if the photo did not span the whole page. true black when printed, colors very accurate and great print resolution
- After using the PA software we feel that it would have been a lot harder to re-create the mixbook design because of all the additional textures, photo effects and clipart we integrated that the Mixbook softare more intuitively allowed.
- Came from Malaysia
Overall I would recommend both companies, we are very happy with both final products.