(Closed) Have a question….

posted 6 years ago in Cooking
Post # 3
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Gyro? Is that what you are referring to?

Post # 4
60 posts
Worker bee

It’s called Doner Kebab. Usually from middle eastern countries. It’s so delicious! Find it on wikipedia if you want to read the background 🙂

Post # 6
9954 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Doner Kebab in general… coming from the Middle East / Mediterrean regions (believed to have originated in Turkey)

Wikipedia – Doner Kebab = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

Gyro for Greek Cuisine…

Wikipedia – Gyro = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_(food)

And Shawarma for the Arabic / Lebanese Cuisine…

Wikipedia – Shwarma = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawarma

In each case the basic idea is the same, but the meats used, and seasonings can be diffferent, as well as the actual presentation in the finished sandwiches.

Yum… I am now officially hungry !!


The topic ‘Have a question….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors