(Closed) Have any August 2014 brides thought about honeymoon destinations yet?

posted 7 years ago in August 2014
Post # 32
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My fiancé and I both work for the Walt Disney company. Right now the plan is to spend 3 days at Disneyland in California and 4 days at Aulani which is a resort owned by Disney as well in Hawaii. 

Post # 33
1 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@thunderberry:  We are getting married August 9th and want to do our honeymoon right after the wedding.  We really want a gorgeous beach, but are afraid to go to the Carribean because of hurricanes.  Also, because we can go to the Carribean anytime and want a different experience.  My fiance has no interest in going to Hawaii and he thinks Bora Bora is too far away.

We’re thinking of booking Costa Del Sol in Spain because we hear the beaches are gorgeous and there are some really great hotels on beach, vinyards nearby, shopping, cool places nearby to visit etc.  My only concern is that I hear this place is really touristy, and I don’t know how I feel about that.  I don’t mind people around, I just don’t want to feel like I’m in the middle of Times Sqaure.  Is Costa Del Sol an ideal location for classic honeymoon?

Post # 34
23 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married the week after, and going on our honeymoon in the Greek Islands. It’s not the carribbean, but I definitely plan on spending a lot of time on the beach!

Post # 35
81 posts
Worker bee

I have heard Costa Rica has it’s rainy season in August/September :/

Post # 36
519 posts
Busy bee

We just booked our honeymoon 2 weeks in Playa del Carmen, Mexico …now the real waiting begains…

Post # 37
859 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We are getting married in September, so close ๐Ÿ™‚ and I think we are going to cross our fingers and plan on Dominican Republic!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 38
10 posts
Newbee

We’re thinking Aruba since it is out of the hurricane path…but we have yet to book anything.

Post # 39
438 posts
Helper bee

We are tying the knot August 16 and will be heading to Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea for 10 days!

Post # 40
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Forest in PA

We are getting married August 16 and are going an a different honeymoon! We are actually going the the last week of September to the First week of August to Arnold CA to see the Sequoia trees. ๐Ÿ™‚ Itll fit nicely with our nature themed wedding as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 41
507 posts
Busy bee

We are going to Tahiti and I couldn’t be more excited! Fiance is booking trthis sis week!

Post # 42
1465 posts
Bumble bee

@cdmcBruno11:  I see you’re in Maine- maybe go up to Quebec City? It’s the less expensive version of a romantic European vacation! The Old City is beautiful!!!

Post # 43
26 posts
Newbee

We are going to St. Lucia!  We’re leaving the day after our wedding for a full week.  We’ve already bought the tickets and paid the deposit on the resort. Just gotta get insurance for the trip (it IS hurricane season afterall) and book hotel rooms for the overnight layover period and we’ll be set!

Post # 44
245 posts
Helper bee

I’m starting to get a little worried. My partner is the lead organizer for the honeymoon and we haven’t made much progress since I last posted. Undecided

We are going to do a mini-tour of southern cities and we haven’t settled on any of the destinations yet, let alone to start picking activities and booking rooms!!

Post # 45
1197 posts
Bumble bee

Fiance is planning our honeymoon in complete secret from me!  All I know is it’ll be somewhere warm.  Hope I like the surprise!

Post # 46
81 posts
Worker bee

We’re going to Dubai!!! I am so excited. We are only spending a couple of days but I know it’ll be worth it. 

The topic ‘Have any August 2014 brides thought about honeymoon destinations yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors