(Closed) Have any May 2013 brides bought their dresses yet?

posted 8 years ago in May 2013
Post # 32
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@aggie2010:  That should be right. The gown preservationists I talked to said to take mine out of the plastic and keep it in a breathable garmet bag.

I just got my dress in recently. I was in a huge hurry to decide on one to order and then ended up buying it off of oncewed for budget reasons so it’s just sitting in the closet until it’s time for alterations. It’s one size too big on my biggest measurement now and I’m kind of worried of losing too much weight for them to alter it. For now though I’m trying to decide on all my accessories. Here’s me in the sample:

My dream Romona Keveza <3

Post # 33
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Chrysta23 -I am near Dallas, TX…my wedding date was changed to May from April 2013

I ordered my dress in May and should get it in December. It is the Maggie Sottero-Deidre in Ivory…here is sample I tried on in store (I ordered one size up)

Post # 34
1152 posts
Bumble bee

I bought my dress three weeks before he actually proposed. LOL. I knew it was coming and it was a deal I couldn’t pass up anyway. One of those now-or-never finds. Beaded lace sheath on discount for $300? Yes please!

Post # 35
27 posts
Newbee

I got mine… should be ready in the next three weeks! So excited to see it with all the alterations I added…

Post # 36
776 posts
Busy bee

yep, I think I’ve had mine for about a month now.  (Ill fitting picture and ugly face, sorry!!)

Post # 37
1653 posts
Bumble bee

Bought it last weekend!

Post # 38
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

very close to buying alfred angelo 2034 

Post # 39
1653 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@monicaking77:  Lovely! I tried that one on, but don’t have the figure for it!  I chose the 2119 instead 😉

Post # 40
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
@LavenderBride24:  Thanks! Yours looks awesome on you! I tried yours on and I really liked it, but didn’t have the height for it! (I’m 5’1” and feel I have a hard time pulling off fuller skirts).

@ everyone else: so many gorgeous dresses for May 2013! 🙂

Post # 41
1653 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@monicaking77:  Thanks, I’m actually short (was standing on one of those blocks), but I’m plus sized..so anything more form fitting was not very flattering!  Enjoy!

Post # 42
752 posts
Busy bee

I bought mine in July or August, but have been having really bad regrets and am going to try it on again next week, I found my dream dress on recycled bride half off, and now I’m so torn!

Post # 43
532 posts
Busy bee

Here’s my dress: 

I will be wearing a crinoline skirt with it to give it a little bit more of a wider A-line flare in the bottom. 

Post # 44
43 posts
Newbee

I bought mine in the middle of September… James Clifford J1820

This is the stock photo… I will be adding a belt! Love it!

Post # 45
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@LedeLady:  We are dress twins and month twins! I bought this dress last weekend at a sample sale (although it is about two sizes too big and needs to be altered). The stock picture really doesnt do it justice!

What are you planning on doing for a headpiece? I’m not doing a veil, but just a beaded headband instead.

Post # 46
1748 posts
Bumble bee

I bought my dress on St. Patrick’s day and it just came in today- WOOHOO!! Took nearly 7 months!! I can’t wait to go put it on.

The topic ‘Have any May 2013 brides bought their dresses yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors