(Closed) Have any May 2013 brides bought their dresses yet?

posted 8 years ago in May 2013
Post # 47
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@BeeandBeeBride27:  Too awesome! Do you have pics in it? I haven’t posted any yet because the sample I tried on was about 2 sizes too small and about a foot too short (I’m 5’11 so I definitely needed to add the extra length) But I just fell in love with it! It had everything I was looking for and gave me goosebumps! Can’t wait to try it on when it actually fits me πŸ™‚

I agree that photo doesn’t do it justice at all! 

I’m actually wearing my Mom’s veil, it’s from the 80’s so it has one of those flowered headpieces … I’m having that taken off and hopefully having it attached to a jeweled comb. She had a lace dress when she married my Dad and the veil actually has little pearls throughout and looks perfect with the dress I chose 26 years later. 

I love the beaded headband look! Have you decided how you’re wearing your hair? The back of the dress is gorgeous, but I just haven’t found an updo that wows me yet. I’m still thinking just soft, romantic curls, maybe a half up half down do

Post # 48
99 posts
Worker bee

I found my dress in Jan 2012. I did not want a strapless dress, so my choices were a little bit more limited. However, I saw the Watters Escalante online and immediately fell in love. I stalked that puppy down to a salon near me, and bargained my way to my dress πŸ™‚ It was the first dress I tried on and the only one I cared about. My actual dress just came in a couple of months ago, but since we have a super long engagment and several months to go yet, the salon is holding my dress until about Jan 2013, and then we’ll start on alterations (since I’m only 4’11” there’s quite a bit to do!).

I don’t have a pic of me in the dress yet, but this is the stock photo. *swoon*

Post # 49
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@LedeLady:  I know, when I tried it on I just got all flushed and happy and just KNEW. Haven’t posted any pictures yet because I bought mine at a sample sale (50% off!!!), and it’s about two sizes too big right now. Getting alterations done in December, so once that’s done I’ll put some up. I’m just nervous, because with all the beaded lace, alterations are going to be expensive as hell lol.

That’s great you get to use your mom’s veil and repurpose it! My mom’s old veil just won’t go with it, but if you’ve got something amazing and sentimental already then go for it πŸ™‚ I’m sure she’ll love the fact that you incorporated it into your day.

Haven’t found my headband just yet, but I’m thinking either all down with loose curls (and the headband; think goddess hair lol), or some half-up/half-down hairstyle. I’ve got big ears that stick out, so I like to hide them behind my hair. Updo’s are a no-go for me haha.

Post # 50
85 posts
Worker bee

I got mine about 2 weeks after getting engaged (February!). I let it be “reserved” for awhile so that I could change my mind if necessary, but I didn’t so it was ordered May 31st and arrived last week! So excited!

Post # 51
193 posts
Blushing bee

I must be slacking.. going to order mine on Saturday.. had to get “mother approval” but wasn’t a time to do until this past week

Post # 52
50 posts
Worker bee

I bought my dress, which fit me like a glove off the rack AND was on clearance, a couple months before my Fiance surprised me by asking me to marry him.  I knew what and who I wanted and couldn’t pass up this lovely dress that made my mom and I tear up.

Anyone else getting married May 31, 2013?

Post # 53
235 posts
Helper bee

Here’s my baby.  I said yes in February, and she’s been sitting in my closet since late august.

Post # 54
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Dress will be in March! Getting married in June! πŸ™‚

Post # 55
16 posts
Newbee

Here is mine! We’re getting hitched May 11, 2013 πŸ™‚ 

Post # 56
681 posts
Busy bee

Yes I have mine!  Got it in July (I believe)  Don’t physically have it yet, but it is ordered & paid for!

Post # 57
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Canal St Inn

Got mine about a week ago, found and bought online. The straps need to be taken in an inch, and that’s it.

Post # 58
193 posts
Blushing bee

I ordered mine get to call next week and see when it’s coming in.. I’m plus sized.. trying to lose some weight but I am going to be rocking some curves that’s for sure regardless.. 

j

Post # 59
3 posts
Wannabee

I purchased mine a few weeks ago.  I am so excited πŸ™‚

Post # 60
237 posts
Helper bee

Here’s mine! Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I’m still a little undecided–this isn’t actually a wedding dress, just an evening dress I found online for an amazing price. I want to lose a few pounds and get it hemmed and then see what I think.

On the model:

And on me:

Post # 61
549 posts
Busy bee

I ordered mine, it’s Sincerity Bridal 3666! I just need to get the sash and veil! It’s coming in March, but I hope it arrives sooner. I don’t have any pics of me in it. πŸ™

The topic ‘Have any May 2013 brides bought their dresses yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors