- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
WHEW! I feel like I can actually enjoy planning my wedding now 🙂
Fiance and I got engaged on 11/12/11. Unfortunately, after the proposal, he only had 8 days in town before he had to leave to go on a MONTH LONG work trip during which time I have zero contact with him (he works offshore and will be in the middle of the ocean with no internet/phone). And we decided on a date next November, so we needed to book our venue ASAP. It was very important to me to have him give his input in the major decisions like the venues, so I wanted to have this decided before he left.
We looked at a bunch of places online but zeroed in on one specific place that looked great in pictures. Fiance was more picky than I was about it, shooting down visiting 7 or 8 other places and essentially putting all of our eggs in Venue #1’s basket. So I made an appointment to visit Venue #1 at 4pm on Saturday…the day before Fiance leaves.
We get there, and the woman I booked my appointment with is nowhere to be found. Not to mention we literally WALKED INTO a bridal party SETTING UP for their wedding, and we were approached by a particularly testy groom who nearly growled when asking if there were a reason we were there. Talk about awkward. Also, the carpet is dingy and the place needed a fresh coat of paint. I ask Fiance what he thinks, and he doesn’t give me a straight answer. At this point, I am FREAKING. We have 6 hours until he leaves and NO venue. I am kicking myself for not coming up with a contingency plan.
At this point, FI’s mom (who was with us) suggests we take a walk down the way to visit another venue that FI’s younger sister had her high school graduation party at. I mentioned this place when we first started talking about venues, but Fiance disregarded it. We walk in, and the place is GORGEOUS and Fiance immediately changes his tune. We have something we can both agree on! However, we check on my date, and the director of sales says that they have two holds on that date. *weeps. I told them that I was ready to roll and put a deposit down, and they told me that if they contact their two brides that already expressed interested in that day and they decide to not go with the venue, then it will be mine. It was a long shot. But I got an e-mail today saying the venue is ours!! We are so lucky!!!
Check the place out: http://www.thechicoryvenue.com/