- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2016
So heres the deal:
Im planning a smallish wedding of 100 people and i dont have that many close lady friends. So when it came time to ask my Girls, i had three right away tjhat i wanted and i really wanted 4 at least (my s/o has 5 guys). I asked my three good friends and they said yes, and then i asked my other friend who i used to be very close with, but had drifted away from recently (since college graduation). She and I had been in sorority together and also worked togeth for almost 2 years. So i thought this would be a great experience for us to bond again. So she accepts my ask, NOT TELLING ME THAT SHE WAS MOVING TO NASHVILLE IN TWO WEEKS. when i found out about the move, i kind of panicked, but she assured me all would be fine and i moved on.:
1. she came up to michigan without telling me (I had asked when she was coming home) and when i asked to hang out she said “my schedule is really booked, but i could meet for a quick hug at 11:45 on sunday. I texted her saturday night: no ersponse, i texted her sunday morning where to meet: no response. Then on tuesday i see a bumch of pictures of her going out with some sorority girls that she was close with, my feelings were pretty hurt since i hadnt seen her for 6 months and dshe had said she really wanted to bond over the wedding and stuff. her next rtip home would be for months
2. she has told me that she may not be able to make it to the bachelorette party (unless its in nashville), bridal shower, or rehearsal because of her “very limited time off”
3. She didnt tell me she got a new tattoo that is very large and colorful, and when i asked her if she would mind covering it for the ceemony and pics, she got really defensive.
4. I learned at drinks with another sorority sister that my Bridesmaid or Best Man has a huge problem with her and another couple guests and that she promoses to not start any drama, but that my Bridesmaid or Best Man might (long story: end with my Bridesmaid or Best Man punching her in the face). Ive always know that my Bridesmaid or Best Man had a flare fo drama, but now im legit scared that s**t will go down at the wedding
5. She never texts me at all, i really tried in the beginning to ask her about her life and how nashville was and how she was adjusting, i would get a couple responses and then nothing. And now i dont get anything anymore. Its just really frustrating, like i really thought hat this would bring us closer, but it seems like she regrets saying yes. Ive tried to give her “outs” from the wedding, but she declins saying she already bought her dress and shes excited.
So i guess my question is: should i leave it alone and just have her be a warm body up there for the ceremony or ask her to please join us as a guest? none of the things seem bad on their own, but everyting adding together is really bothing me and she doesnt seem responsive when i try to talk to her about. it.
i should also mention that Im 8 months out from the wedding.