(Closed) have you heard of this?

posted 10 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
105 posts
Blushing bee

Yep, it’s called an "at home" card. They can also be sent with the invitations (The future Mr. & Mrs. will reside at ___________ ). It’s also a good way to let people know if you are changing your name or not.

I’m putting something similar in our programs. I think Miss Tulip has a blog post about it too.

Post # 4
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2005

Exactly what maple said…"at home" cards. They’re handy since couples can move or change (or not change) names after the wedding.

Post # 5
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Originally that At Home card was also to say when you would be back from your honeymoon –  so it would provide your married name(s), your address, and the effective date (e.g., at home after…).  Hence the name of the card.  In this day and age I’m not sure you want to announce that your house will be empty for a month while you tour Europe, all your wedding gifts unattended.  However it is a nice way to provide change of address and/or name.

Post # 6
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I was thinking of slipping some in our thank you notes post-wedding, since we won’t know where we’re living when the invites go out.

It probably doesn’t make any sense to do (obviously) if a) you live together already and b) aren’t moving right before or shortly after the wedding.

Post # 7
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’ve been to weddings where the new address was printed on the back of the program with a cute note. Of course, I can’t remember any of the cutesy phrases now!

Post # 8
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

I think they’re really cute, and I don’t see them done as much these days.  My mom said everyone did them back when she got married (er, got married the first time I mean, hehe.)  Here’s to the revival of the At Home cards!

The topic ‘have you heard of this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors