(Closed) Having a Panic Attack!! New Photographer 7 months before the wedding??!!

posted 5 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: What should I do?
    Get another photographer and leave the original behind : (11 votes)
    85 %
    Keep making it try to work with the original : (0 votes)
    Screw it....eat oreos and peanut butter and have a good cry : (2 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 3
    963 posts
    Busy bee

    Did you sign a contract? The prices would have been listed in there and so even though he changed his prices, it shouldn’t affect you. Unless stated in the contract that prices are subject to change. I personally wouldn’t sign a contract saying the prices could change though. 

    The unreliability is a cause for concern though. You have 7 months ujntil the wedding, which is a fair bit of time. If you think you’re better off going with someone else, it might be worth it to put your mind at ease. 


    Post # 4
    2946 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

    7 month is pleanty of time to make it work with a new photographer if they have your date.  I would go with photog 2 for your new photographer.  Having photo rights after we were done where the number one on our photographer list. 

    You don’t have to sugar coat anything when letting go of your original photographer.  A quick e-mail to your original photographer going “We haven’t heard back from you in 2 months, so we have decided to go with a different photographer.”  It’s not mean, but it’s not sugar coating the issue.  The photographer knows why you made your decision, while you stayed factual to what the problem is. 

    Post # 5
    177 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

    I booked my photographer 8  months before my wedding.  It’s fine!!

    Post # 6
    3941 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    When you say he’s your photographer I would assume that means you told him you were going with him and signing a contract, which would mean that your price is locked in at what it was when you hired him. 

    Post # 7
    521 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

    The lack of contact is definitely concerning, and like a PP said, I wouldn’t sugar coat it.  Tell him you’re going with someone else because of his lack of response, and that’s it.  The seven months….don’t worry about that.  That’s plenty of time!!

    Post # 8
    3210 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

    @kansas_nurse:  him not returning your calls/emails is concerning for sure, but I doubt the new price point would affect you. Have you already contracted him?

    I’d send an email stating that you’ve been trying to get a hold of him for 2 months, and are concerned about his lack of response, and would like to know if you should be looking for another photographer because you need engagement photos by X date, and if he can’t swing it, then you need your deposit back.

    Post # 11
    1304 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

    We planned our entire wedding in seven months, so don’t worry about only having that much time to find a new photog.

    Post # 13
    4192 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

    Although it stinks to lose money, I’d eat the $200 and book the photographer you like. You don’t get a redo for your wedding photos- look at how many “I’m unhappy with my wedding photos” posts you see on the Bee.

    Post # 14
    790 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

    Just move on, 7 months is Plenty of time to find a new one, dont worry, really. 🙂 (Im a wedding photographer)

    Don’t even email the other back if no contract or money is on the table. He either does not want you as clients or a flake so for those two reasons say see ya later!



    The topic ‘Having a Panic Attack!! New Photographer 7 months before the wedding??!!’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors