- 7 years ago
- Wedding: November 1999
Oh my, how much time do you have? Hehe.
Here are my reasons for not wanting kids:
1) I don’t like kids. (I like some people’s kids, but not enough to want to create one of my own.)
2) I don’t want to be pregnant or give birth
3) Kids are too expensive (especially where I live. The cost of living is drastically high, so I don’t know how we could afford to give our child the kind of life we’d want for them.)
4) I don’t want to not have time for my husband
5) They kill your body
6) They kill your sex life
7) Overpopulation is helping to kill the earth
8) I have zero desire to have kids. The whole entirety of it doesn’t appeal to me, so I don’t see it as something I’m giving up since it’s something I’ve never wanted.
9) I don’t see a way to properly balance work and motherhood. (I’m very particular and wouldn’t want to just have a child and have to put it into daycare, nor would my parents help raise my child, not that I would ever ask them to. So that means I stay home, but how would we afford to live and raise a child on one income, see #3.)
10) I can’t function without a quiet home, I really can’t.
11) I also can’t function without adequate, quality sleep.
12) Increased freedom (Typical reasons like travel, can move when we want to, can take promotions if we’re offered them etc etc.)
….I know I’m missing a bunch. But that gives a general idea:)