(Closed) Having Trouble with Hotels – 9.10.11 Wedding

posted 8 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ve been to two weddings at the beach here in NC and there aren’t hotel rooms for much less than $200 at any decent hotels.  All the guests had to pay that much to stay.

If you wedding isn’t in a destination location though, I’d be a little worried about not having a cheaper option.

Post # 4
46334 posts
Honey Beekeeper
Post # 6
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Are you right in the city?  I think that for city hotels, $200 is the norm and around what I would expect to pay.  I would suggest you try and get the lowest price you can for the hotel blocks and if it’s too much for your guests, they can find other options.  Good luck!

Post # 7
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think $160 for being in Chicago is pretty good.

Post # 8
46334 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

As a guest I would be ok with $160 especially when breakfast is included.

Post # 9
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

$160 might be steep for some, but if that’s the best you can do, that’s the best you can do! I had my wedding in DC on a weekend when something was going on in town, and I also was not able to block any rooms for less than about $160.

There were some hotels under $100/night that were on public transportation but were a long trip outside the city. I told people about these hotels, but did not create a block there. Maybe you can tell people, especially those who will be strapped for cash, about hotels that might be cheaper but farther away? Then it is clear that you don’t think the hotel is convenient to the wedding, but they still have the choice to sacrifice location for price. If you blocked rooms at a cheap-yet-far-away hotel, people would assume that you think that is an easy place to stay for the wedding when it is not.

Post # 10
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am having a Chicago wedding as well– and found some rates under $200! I used the website hotelplanner.com and I got bids sent to me…really easy to manage the process that way. Good luck! 

The topic ‘Having Trouble with Hotels – 9.10.11 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors