(Closed) Having Vendor Woes! What am I suppose to do now?? : (

posted 9 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
714 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If you didn’t sign a contract stating there was a non-refundable deposit, then I don’t believe she has grounds to keep it.  Leave her a message stating that you want to schedule a meeting to discuss your options and give her a deadline to respond – say one or two days.  Tell her if you don’t hear from her by that time you expect your deposit to be returned in full as there was no contract clause or verbal statement that it was non-refundable.  

Post # 4
3761 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think a lot depends on if a contract was signed.  If you go to small claims court, you may end up paying close to $1,000 in court fees (I’m guessing here) and it can take quite some time. 

I think your best bet it to continue to try to make contact with her and keep a log of all of the times you contacted her (if in case you do end up in court). Something simple like, “10/11/10, left message on cell phone at 3:00 pm). 

If you can try to keep all correspondence with her in writing. 

Post # 6
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

But if she’s not going to be providing a service, there’s no grounds to hold that deposit! At the most I could see her only refunding half since she may not be able to book that date any longer, but she doesn’t have any grounds to hold onto all of it. I’d try threatening her with small claims court and see if that might light a fire under her ass. She may go ahead and refund it to avoid the hassle.

The topic ‘Having Vendor Woes! What am I suppose to do now?? : (’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors