(Closed) Hawaii marriage license / family member officiate? / north shore advice

posted 6 years ago in Hawaii
Post # 3
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@JAS:  Are you talking about the North Shore of Oahu? I assume yes.

A friend or family member can easily obtain permission to perform a marriage in Hawaii. They will need to be ordained first (many people use Universal Life Church). After that, they can register as a wedding officiant with the state of Hawaii here: https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/registration.html

You must apply for the marriage license online here: https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/home.html;jsessionid=1BC2FF73526CCE85A8B728400D54C7D3.lana

The cost is $60. You have to make an appointment to go see a licensing agent before your wedding, we did ours the morning before our ceremony. After your ceremony, your officiant will sign the license, the couple signs the license, then the officiant mails in the whole thing. In 6 weeks time, you’ll get the official certificate of marriage in the mail.

Hope that helps!

The topic ‘Hawaii marriage license / family member officiate? / north shore advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors