(Closed) Hawaii – Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Reviews

posted 9 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

hi! 

so i havent really been active on weddingbee since my wedding over a month ago, but i just happened to click over today and saw your post!

we went there on our honeymoon at the end of august and LOVED IT!

the hotel is absolutely gigantic, it is kind of like the disney world of hawaii – it is not “authentic hawaii”, exactly, it is more of a fantasy land. which we loved, but is not for everyone! 

there is a ton to do – the saltwater lagoon with sea turtles, the kona pool with water slides and the big giant pool with three hot tubs…we had a little routine everyday of going out and exploring the island, then coming back in the afternoon for the pool and dinner!

the food is good (especially the provision company), but not outstanding considering the price. then again, everything is expensive on the big island. the breakfast buffet is huge, but it is also costly. budget more for food than you would think.

every night we would relax in a hammock and look at the stars. it was very romantic, and they are very attentive and considerate for such a large resort.

send me a message if you have any other questions – i have great guidebook to recommend! – or for more info, pics, etc of the resort.

The topic ‘Hawaii – Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Reviews’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors