- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
Well ladies….I’m engaged!!!! Take me off the list!!
This is an update from my last post about ring shopping. We had the romantic date on Valentine’s Day when he surprised me and bought the ring. I have been anxiously waiting for that beautiful ring to make it’s way back to my left hand. I thought I would be waiting at tleast two weeks, but he surprised me and did it today!!!
I work from my home office about 80% of the time and my office in the city the other 20% of the time. Well, today I woke up early to get a start on a busy work day from my home office. I was totally focused on work and hours flew by until it was around lunch time. Now, my SO woke up this morning and started doing a tune up on the truck outside. (he works night shift) The last thing I expected was him to do anything during the week especially during work hours.
So it’s lunchtime so I walk out of my office and start to walk down the hall, only to find my eyes meet my SO’s eyes as he is heading toward me with one hand behind his back. I think to myself ” what is he doing?” Well, I got my answer when he drops down on one knee infront of me, grabs my hand, pulls the ring from behind his back, looks up at me and says “Will you marry me?” I was so surprised and happy all I could do was jump up and down and say “YES, YES, YES!” over and over again. He puts the ring on my hand and I jump into his arms and he held me wrapped around him for like 10minutes as we kissed.
It was so sweet and unexpected! It turns out while he was outside working on the truck he finally got in touch with my dad, asked his permission and within 10mins came in and proposed. We invited his parents over for dinner and told them we were engaged and we celebrated. They were so happy and teared up when we told them.
It has been an amazing week!! I can’t wait because we are waiting to tell our friends until after this weekend when we visit family and have the chance to tell them in person. I can’t believe he is my Fiance and I am his finally!! It is a little surreal but so very exciting.
My SO feels so comfortable talking about wedding plans and calling me his fiance and wife to be. He is excited about our plans and says he has such a peace about this major decision and that makes me so happy!! This is a total 180 from how he was a year ago. I guess if you just give them the time they need, the timing when you are both ready makes this experience beyond amazing!!!
Thank you to all the bees for your support during the waiting period! It was tough for sure. Good luck to all the waiting bees out there!!! I hope your day comes soon!!!