(Closed) He Wants To Upgrade…Two Months Later???

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I wouldn’t do it.  The ring that my husband proposed with is special and I wouldn’t want to trade it in for more flash.  With this type of random income, your Fiance should be putting money aside in savings on good months to help him out on bad months instead of just blowing the money on fun stuff.

Post # 4
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Personally, I think the extra money would be better put towards some type of savings or towards the wedding budget.  I have a pretty small ring but I don’t plan on trading it in because it is special to me – and an upgraded ring isn’t the same as the ring he proposed with.

Post # 5
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I say keep what you have!  It already has sentimental value and you can always upgrade during anniversaries, but your ring is so new, I wouldn’t mess with it, especially if you already LOVE it!

Post # 6
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’m very sentimental, so I asked my boyfriend to buy the best diamond he could get, that size didn’t matter, as I would not be upgrading it.  I got a gorgeous 1.1ct diamond, so I can’t complain.

Do I look at bigger diamonds sometimes and wonder?  Sure.  But I like looking at my hand and remembering the moment he proposed, what I felt.  If I ever switched it, the memory would still be there, sure, but it certainly wouldn’t be triggered by my engagement ring anymore.

Maybe use the extra cash and get the wedding band of your dreams?  Unfortunately mine costs $4,000, so I’ll be settling for something a LOT cheaper, as Fiance was clear that he won’t be spending almost half of what he paid for a ring on a band.  I try to remind myself that the money would be best used for other things, and for our life together.

Post # 7
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I plan on upgrading someday as the palce where we got mine offers a wonderful upgrade policy, but maybe not til our 10th anniversary. I say if it doesnt have much sentimental value to you, then go for it.

Post # 8
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I wouldn’t do it.  One carat is classic.  If you love your ring you should keep it and either put the money into savings or find something fun to do with it that the both of you will enjoy (romantic mini vacation?)

Post # 10
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Well, its up to you, I am in the same situation as you! My fiance as offered to upgrade my ring because when he purposed he just got a new job and started paying off school loans, and he told me that day that this ring is a temporary ring because he had hardly any money. I loved it and was happy, until other rude people made me feel insecure about it, but thanks to the bee I love my ring more than ever. Now that we have the extra money and they offered such a good deal if we want to upgrade we are thinking about it. The thing with us is, we are thinking going back to school, we are not gonna have kids any time soon, we are not gonna buy a house (because we are not sure if we are live here forever) and we are almost done paying off our school loans, but ultimately it is up to you, if he wants to upgrade your ring and you want to then go for it, but really think about it.  I am sure you will love it, its like getting re-engaged again!! Cant wait to see pictures!!Smile

The topic ‘He Wants To Upgrade…Two Months Later???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors