Post # 1
I’m trying to think of some alternative options on what to eat for breakfast before work every morning. This last week I’ve been having oatmeal at home and then a banana and coffee when I get to work. Does anyone have any other options that they do for breakfast? It needs to be around 150 calories or less (or on weight watchers 3 points plus value)
Post # 3
I like a bowl of special K cereal with skim milk and half a cup or more of fruit.
Post # 4
Scrambled eggs! You can cook them in the microwave…takes about 2 mins.
Post # 5
- scrambled egg whites or beaters with lightly sauteed mushrooms and peppers? Or you could go with tofu instead, if you’re into that stuff (clearly, I am not!).
- A smoothie made with a bit of yogurt, lots of fruit, ice, and maybe a little protein powder.
- Peanut butter toast – whole wheat toast with a bit of natural peanut butter, or almond butter if you want to be fancy
- Fruit salad – so good on hot days!
- Apple with a little bit of cheese
- Salad – why not? It doesn’t just have to be for lunch, especially if you add fruit and a fruit-based dressing instead of an oily, vinegary dressing. I had the most amazing salad the other day with mixed greens, blueberries, cottage cheese, and a dressing that was essentially pureed blueberries whisked up with a touch of vinegar. Sooooo good!
I am also on the quest to find healthier breakfast options, so I hope you get more replies on this thread!
Post # 6
2 slices of WW bread is only 2 points – toast that with 1 tbsp jelly = 3 points
1 Cup Dannon Light and Fit yogurt with chopped up strawberry and blueberries = 3 points
Post # 7
egg whites with spinach with black pepper to season
fat free vanilla yogurt with fresh berries
hard boil egg, one slice of plain bread, and a handfull of almonds
a cup of oatmeal, 2 tsp of brown sugar and a handful of fresh berries
Post # 8
I have no appetite first thing in the morning, so I eat breakfast at work. I keep Greek yogurt (Fage 0%) in the office fridge and chopped walnuts and honey at my desk to mix in.
Post # 10
Post # 11
Greek Yogurt – not sure how it works on the points system, but it is super yummy and generally 140 calories or less. It has more protein and less sugar that most regular yogurt and I find I stay full feeling longer.
Egg whites and spinach with turkey sausage on Sara Lee Lite bread = About 150 calories
Cereal & Skim milk
Grapefruit & Splenda
Post # 12
I’ve been doing a sprouted grain english muffin with half of an avocado spread on top, a little salt and pepper and a handful of berries!
Post # 13
I have been wondering about this same question. I am not a morning person, so I usually grab a Luna bar as I am (literally) running out the door, but I am realizing lately that this is probably one of the worst things I can be eating for breakfast. I love some of the ideas above. If there are any other ideas, I would love to hear them, too!
Post # 14
Homemade musli with seeds, nuts and fruit and soya milk.
Post # 15
two eggs over easy with hot sauce
greek yogurt with a tbsp of granola
you’re going to think i’m crazy but…. tuna salad with olive oil mayo (only a little bit) diced veggies and walnuts.
Post # 16
I keep Special K and oatmeal around at work with almond milk. But if you’re looking for something different and easy, google “egg mug recipes”. They are super easy, usually involve some chopped veggies or laughing cow cheese with egg beaters in a mug in the microwave!