- 4 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014
It’s been a while since we’ve had an active recipe share thread, and after last night’s dinner I just had to share my WIN!
So, imagine linguine with a pesto cream sauce…. Then take away the pasta, and the cream….. I know, sucks right?! Not so! This was easy, but only because I had some handy kitchen tools that I didn’t have to wash…
Spiralized Zucchini with Avocado Pesto
1. Spiralize 2-3 Zucchini (If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a veggie peeler or julienne setting on a mandoline
2. Prepare or purchase 1 cup pesto
3. Add 1 small avocado to pesto in a food processor and blend until combined. If your pesto was thick, add a little more olive oil to smooth it out.
4. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a sautee pan. Toss the zucchini around for a few minutes until it’s the texture you’d like. You can also eat it raw if you like your zucchini crunchy. I was going for comfort pasta feeling, so I cooked until it reduced in volume and was no longer rigid in it’s shape.
5. Turn heat off, add the avocado pesto and toss to combine. Top with a good quality grated parm.
I added simple sauteed shrimp on top for protein and some toasted pine nuts, but you can also add roasted red pepper, sundried tomatoes, chickpeas, whatever suits your fancy. The avocado cuts down the pesto and makes it taste like a velvetty cream sauce, so if you (like me) used a ton of pungent garlic and fresh basil, but your husband doesn’t like it quite that strong, you have a happy balance! SOOOOOO yum.
OK now your turns! Please share!