Heart rate from 157 to 90 in one week and impending miscarriage

posted 5 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
97 posts
Worker bee

I’m so sorry, Bee. But did your OB actually say you have an impending miscarriage? My understanding is that 90-110 is normal for being 6-7 weeks pregnant. The heart rate isn’t supposed to pick up to 140+ until weeks 8-9. Is it possible that the first ultrasound was incorrect? Keeping you in my thoughts ❤️

Post # 4
24 posts
Newbee

I went with my daughter to an ultrasound last year and I was thinking her number was in the 90’s also, so I just looked it up on 3 different sites it’s says 90-110 is normal. Try not to stress and talk to your Dr some more.

Post # 5
2806 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - City, State

zstbee84 :  I am so sorry bee! If I were you I would try calling my doctor and seeing if you can ask her yourself. I would want to know. Don’t stress yourself out worrying.

Post # 8
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2020

Your Dr is correct in her thinking and I don’t want people here to give you false hope. You seem to have accepted that this will be a miscarriage though and I think that’s the correct way to think so you can start to process it all. This is what I do for a living and these kinds of results are not good. I’m very sorry I know this feels just awful. The big things to remember are miscarriages are sooo insanely common. I almost never get a patient who has multiple children but no miscarriages. So you most definitely aren’t alone. And just because someone has announced a healthy pregnancy doesn’t mean they didn’t go through this same experience first, maybe even multiple times before they finally had a viable pregnancy. Also, nothing you did, ate, or didn’t do caused this. It just happens. Making a baby is HARD work and it doesn’t always go right. Lastly, dont feel bad for grieving. This is a heartbreaking experience. Give yourself some time and then dust yourself off and try again when you feel ready. 

Post # 10
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

zstbee84 :  never give up and dont ever lose hope. I had 3 MCs and now am holding my daughter, had her at 35. I really believe 1 baby aspirin a day made the difference for me, every day after my positive test til delivery and taking 600mg/day of coenzyme q10 for 3 months before trying (for egg health).  Good luck.

Post # 11
2526 posts
Sugar bee

lifeisbeeutiful :  I had a history about the same as yours, then two great kids, now 3 grandkids.

Never give up. Never.

Post # 14
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Hey bee. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I had a similar shock my first pregnancy where I heard a heartbeat in the 160s at my 8 week U/S, then went back at 10 weeks and nothing. I was just completely numb at first, and the pain of it all definitely lasted a while. But it subsides with time. If you feel ready to jump back into TTC right away, that can help. Just be kind and forgiving towards yourself. It will get better, I promise. And I hope you’ll have your rainbow baby soon. 🌈 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors