(Closed) Hello fellow January 2015 brides!

posted 9 years ago in January 2015
Post # 17
215 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@nearly-mrs-R:  Ahhh! I love the idea of you guys drawn as superheroes for your invitations! You’ll have to share pictures, because I bet it’s going to be phenomenal!!

LESS THAN 18 MONTHS, LADIES!! I’m terribly excited. As I walked out of my ceremony venue this weekend, I had the startling realization that the next time (or perhaps the time after that) that I walk in to that venue, I’LL BE GETTING MARRIED. Is anyone else having that “startling realization” during this process? πŸ™‚

Post # 18
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@lemiller:  you booked your venue already? I don’t know what I should do first! Not sure where to start, it’s kinda overwhelming!

Post # 19
725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@BruinBeeMPH:  Think about it long and hard before you book it, visit as many as you can and make sure you are sure coz venue regret is a horrible feeling.

Post # 20
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@nearly-mrs-R:  we’re debating between a Destination Wedding and a regular wedding right now. Or actually I’m debating with myself. We had already mostly agreed on a Destination Wedding in Hawaii before he proposed but once he did I started second guessing. I kinda want to look at local venues before we decide. I have a couple in mind. 

View original reply
@lemiller:  sorry if my comment came off as psychotic! I had a major moment of panic when I realized venues are already being booked for 2015. 

Post # 21
725 posts
Busy bee

@BruinBeeMPH:  Ha it was the first thing i booked in the excitement of it all and i now have major venue regret, i have came to terms that if i don’t want to lose money i will have to stick with that venue. I have actually seriously considered eloping.

Good luck with whatever you decide :-).

Post # 22
215 posts
Helper bee

@BruinBeeMPH:  No, I didn’t take it that way at all!

Initially, I was just going to book our ceremony site. It’s one of the most popular venues in the city and books about 15 months in advance. (We’re Out of Town and the next time we will be able to go back is six months from now — about 12 months out.)

Then, just for kicks, I was doing a little research on my dream reception site… I was hoping to do a site visit while we were in town. I had some extended discussions with their incredible venue manager, who kindly offered me a phenomenal discount for booking a winter wedding so far in advance.

So here we are with both venues booked! It wasn’t what I planned but I’m so relieved to have that responsibility checked off my to-do list πŸ™‚

Post # 23
725 posts
Busy bee

woop new venue finally sorted i can not wait!! somebody once told me the wedding you plan is never the wedding you have and they were right my wedding is a millon miles away from what i first wanted but i am so happy with it. 

Post # 24
215 posts
Helper bee

@nearly-mrs-R:  Yay, that’s awesome! Were you able to get your money back on your previous venue? So excited for you πŸ™‚

Post # 25
725 posts
Busy bee

@lemiller:  no but i am going to try and gift it to another bride or put it on groupon and try and recoup some money πŸ™‚

Post # 27
215 posts
Helper bee

@winterbride25:  Your dress is so, so lovely!! I love all the layering.

We just booked our photographer! And I’m in the process of designing/finalizing our invitation suite.

How is the wedding planning going, everyone?

Post # 28
2 posts
Wannabee

Hey Everyone!

I am newly-ish engaged (almost two months now!) and my fiance and I knew even before we were engaged that we wanted a January 2015 wedding.  We have the date picked and we ust signed the contract for the venue.

We are getting married January 24, 2015 at Shore Club in Spring Lake, NJ. We love everything about the people so far involved with the process.

Now to start all of the other planning.  Next stop, hiring vendors! How’s everyone else’s planning going?

Post # 29
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi all! Couldn’t be more excited. We’re getting married the Sunday before MLK day πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to be in touch as we all near the big day!

The topic ‘Hello fellow January 2015 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors