(Closed) Hello fellow January 2015 brides!

posted 9 years ago in January 2015
Post # 33
725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@winterbride25:  We have saved more money than we thought we would have by now so i have moved my wedding up to november 1st 2014.

I’m sad about losing my january wedding because i really wanted it to snow but i just couldn’t wait to marry my Fiance.

Good luck with the planning and your dress is gorgeous Laughing

Post # 34
819 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@winterbride25:  I just got engaged on our 2 year dating anniversary, January 5th and we have chosen to keep up the tradition and tie the knot on 1/5/15 🙂

I haven’t done ANY planning yet obviously and with a baby due April 2nd I’m a bit overwhelmed at all I’ll have to do this year, but it’ll be so worth it!

Post # 35
111 posts
Blushing bee

@winterbride25:  I’m so excited. I went dress browsing, found a venue and started collecting things here and there. I can’t believe it only a year away. 

Post # 36
16 posts
Newbee

Hey everybody! I’m excited to join other January 2015 brides! Is anybody else swinging between feeling like there’s too much to do and too long to wait?! We’ve got our venue booked, STDs out and I’ve ordered my dress and sorted a shrug and shoes 🙂 weddingbee and pinterest are my new favourite things! X

Post # 37
45 posts
Newbee

Hey ladies!  Another January bride here!  *waves*

I’m getting married 1/12/15 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  My Fiance and I picked the date as it’s the anniversary of the date he proposed.  :))

Since it’s a Destination Wedding, there really isn’t too much to do at this point.  Resort and room block have been booked.  Date has been reserved.  My STD’s are going out tomorrow and I can order the invites as soon as I’m ready…

Post # 39
40 posts
Newbee

My fiancé and I are getting married Jan 3, 2015. We’ve gotten a jump

on the planning and have the venue, the bridesmaid dresses, my wedding band, and some decorations.

Its exciting and overwhelming. Definitely looking forward to more planning.

We are doing a winter wonderland theme and our colors are Apple & Pewter 

Post # 40
205 posts
Helper bee

Hey ladies! I’m a fellow January 2015 bride. We are getting married on January 3rd in Sydney, Australia. 

I keep feeling as if it is a lifetime away, and then sitting and thinking about E V E R Y T H I N G that needs to be done and feeling totally overwhelmed. 

So far we have:

1) Booked the venue (and it is freaking AMAZING!)

2) Booked the photographer (also freaking AMAZING!!!)

3) Had my wedding ring made/spoken to my grandfather about my hubby-to-be wearing his ring

4) Decided on the wedding party – one of my bridesmaids has bought her dress, but they are not matching so no rush.

5) Started the wedding website

6) Decided on STDs and Invitations. 

7) Nearly finished the guest list

8) Bought the card box – just an old wooden luggage box from an antique store that I’m going to DIY.

9) Decided on tuxes for the groom/groomsmen/ushers. 

10) Bought my wedding shoes. 

I’m sure there’s more, but I can’t think of it all right now!

An STD question – as I’m British and a lot of our guests are coming over from the UK/the States, when do you think we should be sending STDs? I was thinking March, but now I’ve read that lots of you ladies have already sent yours out. Do you think that March is too late? Most people know when the wedding is, so it’s not like it will be a big surprise to anyone!

Thanks ladies! And I’m looking forward to getting SUPER EXCITED with all of you over the next months!

Post # 41
28 posts
Newbee

Hello everybody! I’m another January bride. I got engaged on Christmas Eve and wanted about a year’s engagement; autumn was too soon financially and spring was too long emotionally! I remember deciding as a little girl that January 10th was the date I was going to get married (I have no idea why), and as it happened I looked and January 10th was a Saturday in 2015 – we decided it was a sign. Within fifteen minutes, our date was set!

@SydneyJen: I think March is plenty of time. We’re sending ours out then, and we have people coming from the States.

Post # 42
16 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies! I’m a January bride too. My Fiance and I have been engaged since April 2013 (what a loooong road!). We’re Australian too –  @ckas91: Hopefully it won’t be too hot a summer.

You ladies all seem very organised. I am struggling with my dress badly – and seriously feeling the stress!  

Post # 43
16 posts
Newbee

@SydneyJen:  Oooh! I’m so excited for you – our wedding date is the same!! And we’re getting married in Sydney too. What venue did you book? There are some pretty amazing places around here 😀

Post # 44
205 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvenntobe:  We booked Fort Denison – only venue we even looked at! What about you? You’re right, there are SO many awesome venues in Sydney!

Post # 45
16 posts
Newbee

@SydneyJen:  Ooooh! Fort Denison is spectacular! We are having our reception at the other end of the Harbour at Sydney Dance Lounge – hopefully the weather is nice (but not too hot!)

The topic ‘Hello fellow January 2015 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors