(Closed) Hello fellow January 2015 brides!

posted 7 years ago in January 2015
Post # 48
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I have just started wedding planning (a weeke ago!) and originally wanted a November 2014 date.  However, I am considering January 2015 instead.  This way we have more time to plan (8.5 months versus 10.5 months can make a huge difference!) and more time to save:)  I am thinking 1.18.2015 or 1.25.15 (love the ring to the second date!)

Post # 49
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi everybody! I got engaged about a week ago and will be getting married on January 3, 2015. I’m having trouble picking out colors, but I am leaning more towards deep red . Does anyone have their colors picked out?

Post # 49
165 posts
Blushing bee

Hi everyone!!! I’m also planning a January 2015 wedding!!! 1/31/15! So far I have the day of coordinator, venues, photographer, and video booked! I’m excited!!! 

Bellina- my colors are mint green and gold. I really wanted some color, as I didn’t want to do a holiday style wedding. 

Post # 49
243 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bellina15:  Are you in the Northern or Southern hemisphere? Here in Australia it is going to be really hot (we have the same wedding date!) and we have gone for cream, nude pinky tones, gold and rose gold.  I think these would work well for a Winter wedding too, though 🙂

Post # 50
224 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bellina15:  My colors are deep red/burgandy, ivory, black and silver accents. I was worried that it might be christmassy, but I don’t really care, cause I think its very elegant, and it was similar to my mom and dads wedding colors. I’m very happy with my choice. 

View original reply
Trilldayz:  Wow, you seem to be a lot further along with planning than I am… I feel like I’ve hit a standstill, Lol… So far I officially have my Photographer booked. Have talked with a venue coordinator, but she hasn’t returned my phone call and it’s been a week and a half, starting to fret a little bit about that, cause i really love the venue and want it to work out! Also so far have an appointment to meet with a caterer in 2 weeks. 

On another note, anyone reeling from tax season? We owe $3500 and it’s really putting a damper on my wedding planning.

Post # 51
165 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
-MONSTER-:  yeah, i am prettt quick lol. But then again i was one of those girls who pretty much planned their wedding since i was like 12 haha. so it helps when you already know what you want.

Post # 52
233 posts
Helper bee

Hi!  We booked our venue officially for January 18, 2015!  I’m officially a January Bride now too:)  I’m super happy because the venue is so much more flexible during this month and vendors are available since we are planning less than 10 months out:)  I think our colours will be a pale blush and gold!  Shoutout to January Brides!

Post # 53
1643 posts
Bumble bee

We set our date last night; 9th Jan 2015!  So excited.  We’re going to look online at venues this weekend1  😀  yay!

Post # 54
12 posts
Newbee

lemiller: rhiannonzdanowicz: SydneyJen: 

View original reply
bellina15:  We are date twinsies! January 3rd 2015 here as well! 8 months and 29 days to go! I’ve got the venues, caterer, florist, cake, dress.. but i still can’t decide on the colors/theme. We are meeting with a photographer this weekend.

WE HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS! Time to freak out?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  chxryl.
Post # 55
49 posts
Newbee

View original reply
bonbonsparklesMD:  We are date twins! My wedding will be January 18, 2015.  A short engagement for us – just 8 months!

Post # 56
233 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BrooklynB:  Hi Twin!  I love it!  Are we the only two with this date?!  I’m so excited!  How far along are you with planning?

Post # 57
49 posts
Newbee

View original reply
bonbonsparklesMD:  We have a venue, which is nearly all inclusive. We are meeting a photographer on Monday. We may have an officiant!  I am going wedding dress shopipng in about 6 minutes. So given that we just got engaged two weeks ago … I would say we are decently far along. 🙂

How is your planning coming along?

Post # 58
233 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BrooklynB:  Hi!  We have venue and dresses.  I believe we have chosen the photographer, I just haven’t put down the deposit!  I’m really happy we went with Sunday – because a lot of the vendors are still available:)  How was dress shopping?  Did you find your dress?

Post # 59
49 posts
Newbee

View original reply
bonbonsparklesMD:  I did!  I will be getting my dress from Rebecca Schoneveld in Brooklyn – I met Rebecca at my appointment, and she will also be doing my alterations! I absolutely loved my wedding dress shopping experience.

Sunday does seem to be a great day for a wedding. We are meeting our photographer tonight. My fiance is in charge of the DJ and I am encouraging him to call ASAP – he doesn’t seem to think it is as urgent as I do.

Where is your dress from?

Post # 60
233 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BrooklynB:  I can’t wait to see your dress!  I never heard of her but looked her up and her dresses are so unique and romantic!  did you pick your photographer?  i think I will put the deposit down on the DJ this week.  Time is flying!  I am a Maggie Bride (I won a Maggie Sottero gown in a contest!!!!)  

How many people are you planning?  I am hoping to stay aroudn 100-125!

The topic ‘Hello fellow January 2015 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors