- 11 years ago
I have been following the wedding bee blog and once in a while I ready the boards as well… I love this site!
I finally decided to join since I am, starting today, full on planning a wedding!!! It’s not my wedding though, my BFF is getting married in November and as her maid of honor I am taking care of mostly all the planning. I’m very excited yet clueless of what it’s going to be like!
I have planned several large parties since I am part of a large church and we often do banquets and the like, so I am a little confident! These are some photos of a recent event I planned and decorated:
(all DIY and the lights I changed to blue bulbs for a bootleg version of uplighting lol)
(& I designed this photobooth & took the pics!)
Anyway, these are the details my friend and I have thought of for her wedding:
- Wedding date: November 19
- Venue: Banning’s Landing in Wilmington, CA… A community center overlooking the San Pedro harbor… It’s quite a hidden gem and sooo afordable (pics of it at the end).
- Colors: not sure yet but red is def. part of it. I am thinking of pairing it with white, cream and gold since November is between fall and winter… But really, south Cali is pretty consistant year round so this is a toughie!
- Wedding party:12
- Guest list: 250
- Use uplighting to dress up the place :
- Use alot of christmas lights/cafe lights
- Use tall centerpieces since the ceiliing is high
- Use the stage as the altar and couple table for bride and groom
- HAVE THE CEREMONY AND RECEPTION IN THE SAME ROOM – We are still deciding if to have a seated-at-the-table ceremony or to rearrange the chairs!
(back of the room opens up to reveal more space)
(room & stage)
(with the lights on!)
(view of the outside!!! the lobby is all glass, and this place overlooks the harbor 🙂 )