(Closed) $ HELP!

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

honestly i would skip the limo. maybe rent a van if you have a lot of people, or just caravan with your own cars. it sounds like you’ll have ot skip the videographer too…i would just buy a flip camera and ask someone to record for you.

make sure you’re sticking to a budget for your montly expenses so that you can save a little for the wedding each month until may. cut out everything that’s not vital — restaurants, mani/pedis, etc.

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I agree with Kitzy. It’s time to look at your plans and see what you can cut back on or DIY. A wedding is not worth potentially going into debt.

Post # 6
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

“Do yall this is is possible for us to pay off before our wedding???”

Well, since you only have 4 months, its not going to be easy. Do you have any additional savings you could throw at it? Items you could sell? If you’re looking to pay off this remainder solely on an additional PT job, even without a videographer, you’ll need to save over $1600 a month, which works out to having a PT job that pays over $25/hour. How much are you currently able to save per month, and what sort of deficit do you need to cover?

Post # 7
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would say, whatever you do, don’t go into your marriage in debt. Sit down and go over every line item in your wedding, that isn’t already paid for, and see where you can cut. Is it really that important to have a limo, or more than one limo? Can you change up your reception menu with less expensive options? Can you cut down on your flowers? I know you want a videographer, but have you asked what type of service they can offer at a lower price? maybe 3 hours instead of 4 hours of filming, or whatever. Having a less expensive wedding, won’t make it any less special, I promise.

Post # 8
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

If you can get a part time job, I highly recommend it.

For the videographer, I would consider hiring from a school to keep costs down.

Post # 10
3375 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Do you both already work or are you students? We’re paying for our wedding by just cutting back on everything we buy. Eat more macaroni and cheese!

I think 4 1/2 months is doable!

Post # 12
830 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Our date is about 2 months after your’s but we still have about $6500 or so left to come up with. It can be done! Tax refund will obviously help but I have the exact amount we need to save per month calculated and I’m sticking to that. Transfer a certain amount per paycheck to savings on auto so you can’t spend it on other things. Also cutting out little things like Starbucks can really add up. Good luck!

Post # 13
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

There are always ways to cut back.  I would skip the limos.  Even though you said you’ve already paid half, you still owe $900.  In my mind, if money is super tight, I’d swallow whatever you put down on the limos so you don’t have to pay that $900.

Are you doing extra desserts for an additional cost?  you can skip them and just serve cake.

Skip chair covers, programs, favors.  Choose a different, less expensive bouquet.

Good luck!

Post # 14
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have a tiny tiny budget. No family members have or can contribute. I would nix the limo. 🙁 Sorry… I would also suggest a job as a bartender or waitress at a high scale place. Cash tips should go right into your bank. Look on Craigslist for anything you can. Good luck…. 

Post # 15
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree, nix the limo. You will be out some money, but you’re not out yet another $900. Spending money is not saving money.

The topic ‘$ HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors