(Closed) Help

posted 7 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Oooh, this actually happened to me too at a job interview. Although I’m an underwriter, so at least it kind of made sense. They didn’t tell me about the test ahead of time and when they mentioned it in the beginning of the interview I actually thought they were joking. They weren’t. It was pretty much all math and logic, but what they actually cared about were my answers to the logic/ethics questions.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry about it too much right now. They know what position you are applying for and just assume that every potential employee has to take this test regardless of job functions. I wouldn’t mention it in your thank you letters, I would emphasize why you think you would be a good addition to the company.

Post # 5
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

It was more then likely a wonderlic test. It’s regarding adaptibility. They are usually given to those in the service industry, sales, customer service, manufacturing, etc.  I would not mention it. It would just make you seem like you lack confidence in yourself.  If you do not get the position I would call or write and ask why. If it’s based on the score of the exam I would address it then.

Post # 6
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I had that happen to me. I was trying to get a job at a movie rental place and didn’t know about the test until the end of the interview. It was timed and there was a lot of math questions. You had to get a certain percentage to pass and unfortunatly I failed. I could do the math and the other answers but it was the timed part that messed me all up. I get too nervous when tests are times so I have a hard time concentrating. 

I agree with mwitter80 I would wait and see if you get the job and then address it afterwards if you didn’t and it was based on your score. Good Luck!

Post # 7
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

hi hi!  Do NOT mention it on your thank you note, you don’t want to show any sign of insecurity or bring extra attention to your test scores.  Maybe you did fine, maybe everyone fails, maybe it’s just a test to see how much you can adapt to uncomfortable situations.  Take it in stride and just emphasize how valuable you would be at their company.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

@Bridemia, I bet I know what movie rental place!  That test is AWFUL.  I passed it somehow, but I felt like I wouldn’t, and I made above a 1300 on my SATs in high school and a high percentile on the GRE.  

ams12, I think mstwitter80 has the best advice.  

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee

@Bridemia, I bet I know what movie rental place!  That test is AWFUL.  I passed it somehow, but I felt like I wouldn’t, and I made above a 1300 on my SATs in high school and a high percentile on the GRE.  

ams12, I think mstwitter80 has the best advice.  

The topic ‘Help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors