(Closed) Help

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
2853 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

There’s a pretty good chance that this will happen with me. I’ll hopefully be fulfilling my degree requirements in April, and in a new job shortly/immediately after. I can’t imagine that I’ll be able to take leave for the things I need to do for the wedding, let alone for days after… so it’s just easier to plan like I’ll have no extra time.

I’m planning on having a nice brunch on Sunday and an early bedtime. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I didn’t have to go back to work on Monday but it’s not that unusual.  I think that the idea of leaving for a honeymoon right after the wedding is actually less common than people think it is.

Post # 5
5789 posts
Bee Keeper

Sure…it happens to a lot of people. If that’s the only time you can do it, it only makes sense.

Post # 6
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t think it’s a big deal! I am getting married this coming Saturday and going back to work on Tues…and Fiance going back on Mon ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
3977 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Tons of people don’t take honeymoons. And especially nowadays with so many people living together before they get married, it’s not at all uncommon that people don’t jet straight out the door after their wedding to be cloistered for weeks. Do what works best for both of you. Your explanation sounds completely reasonable to me, and this way you can plan an awesome honeymoon for the summer months after your kids all get great test scores ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
1229 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

It’s not really a bid deal.  People have to work to pay their bills, right?  I got married on a Tuesday, but it was planned in our week long vacation.  I then returned to work on Monday.  You do what you have to do.  You can never compare your life to someone’s else.  If I did that I would have never had a wedding, looking at all the things done here on the bee and all the costs associated with it all.  Don’t worry it is normal.  There does not need to be a honeymoon to Greece immediately afterwards, lol.

Post # 9
5295 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

A coworker got married on a Friday and was helping prepare (and participate in) a big week-long event that is the busiest week of the year for our industry by Sunday. She too plans on waiting until early next year to go on a honeymoon.

Edit: Duh, completely forgot my DH went back on Monday. He’d only been at the job for 2 months and they have a 90-day probationary period where he’s not really supposed to take time off. Because we had already booked the Honeymoon, he ended up taking off like 6 days, but we didn’t leave until Thursday night, so he worked the M-Th the week after our wedding. He’s a guy though, so he’d been under much less stress than me ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors