(Closed) Help.

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Why not have everyone wear a black dress? You can accent it with colorful flowers or jewelry. Most everyone already has a black dress or can find one for pretty cheap at a department store.

Post # 4
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@FutureMrsNogueras: Why don’t you shop each other’s closets? Do the mismatched thing and see if you can each find something you like in those colors.

My other suggestion is Target. They have bridesmaid dresses for 20.00 that are adorable. My Maid/Matron of Honor wore one from Target and it was precious! She has actually worn it several times since then. We had a casual garden party but dress was semi-formal and it fit the bill!

Post # 5
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

If you want matching dresses in a color other than black, you could check department stores for this as well. Often you can order online or in the store a dress you like in various sizes. Be sure to check the sale items. 

Post # 6
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My bridesmaids got their dresses for 30 bucks at Dillards. I got a prom dress there once for 10 dollars. Seriously, shop the sale racks.

Post # 7
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

If you go with a department store instead of a dress shop, you may be able to find a great sale AND the girls would have a little extra time to scrape up the money needed.

Post # 8
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Does the shop allow the girsl to just put a deposit on the dress for now so they can be ordered? The shop we went through allowed this, and made it easier for this time of year…

Post # 9
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Check ebay too, there are also bridesmaids dress shops online where other bridesmaids are selling their dresses for cheap!  

Post # 10
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

Shop the mall sales right after Christmas and New Years.  There are sure to be plenty of party dresses on sale.  Bonus: they will probably fit and they can take them home right then and there!

J. Crew is offering 30% off all purchases and free shipping with the code “CHEER” right now.  So the $50 dress below would be $35 and the $40 dress would be $28.  Not bad for dresses that were $200-235 originally, right? 

This is $50 at J. Crew right now.

This is $40 at J. Crew:

Post # 11
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Can they afford anything at all? Is so how much? Would you consider mismatched dresses?

1) Order from an online site like netbride, I saved $150 per dress by doing this and they were very easy to work with.

2) Search classifieds. Sometimes brides are selling their collection of Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses that might work for cheap.

3) Try a site like ideeli.com, they aren’t Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses but they do have a lot of formal dresses during some sales and they are significantly discounted.

4) Pick the color and material and your girls can pick a dress in those guidelines, whether they find it in store, online, in their closet, or a friends closet.

Post # 12
105 posts
Blushing bee

Why not wait until after the holidays and go to a dept store.

Post # 13
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Don’t buy “bridesmaid” dresses–anything with that label gets the price jacked WAY up! Go to the mall (there are still major sales now and post-xmas) and find a ‘holiday party dress’ that they can all get, those can be extremely affordable, especially just post new year’s when the stores want to clear the stock.  Since your wedding is May in SC, if you can wait til February then there will be a ton of the spring/summer style dresses coming out in brighter colors and lighter fabrics–they’ll be new so not on sale probably, but there might be more of a selection at the dept stores.

Post # 14
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My Bridesmaid dresses were $40 each at Burlington in September. I was so happy we were able to get them, as it was the only time I would have all 3 of my daughters together before the wedding which isn’t until March. My Matron of Honor has a wonderful dress in her closet that I think will be great for her to wear, we just have to take it in a little because she has lost weight since she last wore it 3 years ago.

Especially with a beach wedding, you do not have to go with “Bridesmaid” dresses.

Post # 15
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Go to this website

http://www.windsorstore.com

They have TONS of dresses for under $50

Or try a department store like JcPenney or Dillards- they’ll have huge sales on their summer clothing right now!

Post # 16
5883 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. Be open to mismatch styles and/or colors.
  2. Think about black. I choose black thinking my girls could get something they could wear again. They, of course, chose something that they will never wear again. sigh
  3. You don’t really have to order this soon. My Maid/Matron of Honor had a baby 3 months before the wedding. So we had to wait until 1) she gave birth and 2) her body was able to adjust and 3) she could get away long enough to shop (brought the baby along). So we ordered from Alfred Angelo’s 4-6 weeks before the wedding. They had to pay a rush fee, but it can be done.

The topic ‘Help.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors