(Closed) help ?

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We had a JOP wedding and then a second wedding a year later, dress, tuxes, vows, the whole bit.  Everyone knew that we had done it and they still came and enjoyed our wedding and came to support us.  It was really important to me to have a “real wedding” and none of the people that I thought would balk at it said anything, even behind my back they never said anything (and I would have heard, they love to gossip and tell).  Do what is best for the two of you, there is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to have whatever you want in a wedding the second time around.

Post # 5
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

you have a wedding dress right now? I would so wear it to the JOP.  One of my ex-cowokers did this, she wore a dress, had a bouquet, they had someone play the flute, it was like a mini- wedding ceremony.  The people at the court house loved it and said she made their day! 

Post # 7
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

If you want to wear it then wear it to the small wedding. I mean, if no one will take pictures anyway then no one but your husband and your minister will see you in your dress. 

My fiance and I were talking about eloping and I was going to wear my dress to the ceremony and for about an hour of the reception, even though it was going to be a week later. But I do think it would have been slightly odd to be wearing my dress. I was going to anyway since I spent so much on it.

The topic ‘help ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors