(Closed) Help!?

posted 6 years ago in Traditions
  • poll: Are you supposed to give your OH a wedding gift?
    Yes : (6 votes)
    43 %
    No : (0 votes)
    Getting to marry me is gift enough : (8 votes)
    57 %
  • Post # 3
    356 posts
    Helper bee

I think I would celebrate the wedding anniversary rather than the dating anniversary. Then maybe when celebrating recognize how long you have been together as a couple. I think the tradition is to give one another a gift on the wedding day, however I say leave it up to the two of you! If you would like to give a gift to one another go for it, if not then that works too! If you chose to do gifts it could be a material good or maybe just a nice letter to one another or something like that. It’s your day so do it your way.

Post # 4
    5428 posts
    Bee Keeper

Some people do apparently, I didn’t know about this until I came on this site!

Some brides give their future-husbands watches or cuff-links and the groom will give their future-wife necklaces or earrings.

Post # 5
    7902 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

totally depends. Some people consider the rings the gift; others give a gift. You choose between yourselves.

Post # 6
    399 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

All gifts should be given because you want (and CAN) give a gift; especially since weddings involve so much $$ to begin with do not feel like this is an obligation.

However, if you want to mark the signficance of your dating anniversary why not do something together that isn’t for the wedding. Fiance and me rarely exchange physcial gifts. Instead we take a break and cook a special meal together, often buying new spices we wouldn’t normally splurge on or a new cooking tool (do you remember what you ate on your first dinner date? is there a food you both adore but rarely splurge on?), or we go to a park/place that is signficant to us from the beginning of our relationship. Why not try something along these lines instead?

The topic ‘Help!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors