(Closed) Help!

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

No, it’s too late.  It would be rude to invite them to the church two weeks before the wedding.  They all know they’re not invited becuase they haven’t received invites yet.  I would just thank them profusely… I’m sure they understand you can’t invite everyone!

Post # 4
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

First off, congrats on landing an official job there! : )

Second, I agree with the PP; they obviously don’t expect an invite, so there’s no need to send off an e-mail because you feel pressured. However, if you REALLY want them there, I would talk to them in person and just say “you know, guys, I really love you all & want you there supporting us during our vows; would you be interested in coming to the ceremony?”. Maybe offer to take them out to lunch sometime post-wedding as a heartfelt thanks. And remember your thank-you cards!

Post # 5
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Graciously thank them for the gifts, but don’t feel pressured to invite them. Especially in the workplace, people understand that there are limits to things like this.

Post # 6
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think it would be nice to invite them to the church. I would do it in person rather than through email however.

Post # 7
3265 posts
Sugar bee

No.  The reception isn’t to just wine and dine your guests.  It is to thank them for coming to the important part (the ceremony).  You can’t invite them to something, but then not thank them with the reception. 

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors