(Closed) Help!

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
12624 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The best way to lose weight is by changing your diet.  Losing weight is about 80% food, and 20% exercise.  Try using a program like MyFitnessPal (it’s free) for counting calories. (If you join, I’m on there with the same user name!)  As for food – increase your protein intake, and decrease your cards.  Don’t cut out fat, but reduce it.  Generally a ratio of 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat is what I start with, and then I’ve increased my protein and further cut carbs to further cut and tone muscles.

Strictly cardio is also not the way to go.  You need to incorporate weight training as well, because muscle metabolizes food quicker, so you’re able to burn food more efficiently.  If you can, check out “The New Rules of Lifting for Women,” which will give you the basics for lifting, as well as some workout routines.

I would incorporate the 30 DS or some other video in addition to these, but personally, I found the 30DS to be insanely repetitive and boring, and quit after 3 days because I couldn’t handle doing the same workout day after day.  I’ve never used the Biggest Loser videos, so I have no input on that. 

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors