(Closed) Please HELP me make these centerpieces!

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m not a particularly crafty person so I can’t really help there, but you may want to edit your post and change to a more descriptive subject/title because a lot of ‘bees only look for certain subjects and don’t read every post. If you make your title describe what you’re looking for help with, you’ll probably have quite a few good suggestions from gals who are great with crafts and centerpieces!!

Post # 4
46421 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You could use a small patio umbrella base with thin bamboo poles or metal rods. Whatever you use needs to be very flexible as there is not much weight to the lantern to make it bend. Go to the big box home stores. Look around and see what you could use.

If the lantern is too light, you could also hang a weight on the S hook.

Drill a hole in the end of the poles . Use an S hook to hang the lanterns.

If the patio umbrella base is too large, you could stand a piece of pipe in plaster of paris in the container of your choice.

Cover the base with moss and wrap the pipe.

Post # 5
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I bought a bunch of chinese lanterns at a good price here.  Only going on the picture i would probably look at bamboo sticky/ thicker branches or possibly shepards hooks to hang them on. You can buy battery opperated LED lights to light the lanterns (they are about $5 each)!  I would probably find a good, sturdy base and some sort of hollow tubbing (hardware store!) to bring everything together, paint it black and wrap it with jute. 

It could turn into a big job assembling the bases and stick things, but they look amazing! 

Post # 6
1141 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My suggestion would be to use branches, i think it would look great?

Post # 7
1186 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

bumping for the OP

The topic ‘Please HELP me make these centerpieces!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors