(Closed) help

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
12621 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Well, a couple things. 

• Is your wedding date accurate (11/5/2016)? If it is, I’d hold off on asking anyone for a while.  Things change.  Don’t ask more than a year out!
  • If she doesn’t think of you as a good friend, do you really want her standing next to you on the mosti important day of your life and helping to plan pre-wedding events?
  • You can ask anyone you want, but if she doesn’t think of you as a good friend, chances are you’ll be one of the brides back here on the boards asking why your BM doesn’t care about your wedding, how she’s putting no effort on, and so forth.

Post # 5
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hon- it’s only 2012.  I wouldn’t think about any wedding party at this point for a vow renewal.  Just have fun getting your intial ideas for the renewal together and enjoy the holiday season : )

Post # 7
748 posts
Busy bee

It may be a little early, you never know who could walk in or out of your life.

Post # 8
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Mrs.Vowrenewal:  I’m a big planner myself so I would be with you on getting the planning going… especially if my groom were going away….. but I tend to agree, if you’re not certain of this person and it’s so far away, perhaps hold off and see where things go. Perhaps in the upcoming months, especially if your husband is away, you can spend more time with her and see how deep mutual the friendship really is. I know it’s probably not what you wanted to hear…

Post # 9
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I would think if you thought of her as a “good friend” then you should know how she feels about you. But I say if you not sure then you shouldn’t ask her.

Post # 10
2778 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Mrs.Vowrenewal:  I’d put if off for now.  Have you asked anyone else yet?   You could always tag her on later.  Being this far out though I would just wait to see what happens.

You don’t want to ask her now and plan everything and the have to “fire” her later because things are working out in the friendship.

Post # 12
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

But just because you “need one more” doesn’t mean you should ask someone that you admit does not share your close feelings.  Asking her will only put her on the spot and make her uncomfortable.  Even if she agrees, will her heart be in it?  It most likely will not end well.  Please go back and read everyone’s posts above.  They are all true, they just may not be what you want to hear.

The topic ‘help’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors